April 7, 2009

Beliefs

Were you raised like I was? Do not discuss politics or religion because they only cause problems? Politics and religion are personal issues, guarded close to the heart?

But what if the people of this country, back in the mid 1700's, did the same? The result would be that we would still be under English rule. We need to stop being quiet, and stand up for what we believe in.

I have been a registered Republican since I was old enough to vote. I have since turned Independent. If I had my way, there would not be any political parties. We would vote for our government representatives based solely on their actions, and who they are. Their character would be a huge issue for people.

When I go to vote, because I am Independent, I have to choose a party to vote for. I cannot vote solely on who I think will do the best job. I am given either a Democrat or Republican ballot. I then have to go back to the table where I signed in, and change back to Independent. This is wrong. There should be one ballot, with all the people running for office. We should not have to declare one party or the other. We declare our rights as citizens of this great country by showing up, doing our civic duty, and voting.

For far too long, the silent majority has been just that....silent. I am tired of keeping my opinions to myself, so I do not offend anyone. Politically correct is a term I detest. Since when did this country and it's people decide that we can't express our opinions? That is what our country was founded on. The opinion that we have the right to speak our minds, vote for those people who we think should represent us, and be free from the thumb of government.

Sadly, rather than the government working for us (we did hire them after all), they are working for themselves, or worse yet, for organizations and lobbying groups. They do their jobs, not based on what the people who elected them want, but rather to get what they want.

There are good men/women in the government. People who have not let their constituents be sold out to meet their own greed. But there are not enough of them.

Here are a few websites for you to read and absorb. Stop being the blind, being led by the greedy. Stand up and speak your mind. Stop being silent.

Tea Party Movement - great article by Michelle Malkin (love her site!)
Glenn Beck - this man has spoken the MOST common sense we have heard in years!
The 912 Project - stand up for what you believe in...declare your right to govern.

I have always been silent, holding my beliefs close to my heart. Not anymore. I want to have a say in how this country is run, and sadly, we cannot rely on our government that we elect to look out for our best interests, unless we tell them loud and clear what we want.

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers