June 27, 2009

Lazy Days of Summer???

I have always been told that these are the "Lazy, hazy days of summer"....so why is my schedule more busy than ever? LOL, I did it to myself sort of. We have two field trips coming up in the next 2 weeks. Plus I volunteered us as a family at our "Night Before the 4th" extravaganza at the town fair grounds. In the past it has been run by the Jaycees, and prices to attend were a bit outrageous. We never went, preferring to watch the fireworks from the middle school, one street over. This year it has been taken over by a local church, and admission is free. There will be vendors of all kinds (food, toys, clothes, etc), and also a spot to take donations of food for the local food pantry. I felt it would be a good service project for us as a family, to volunteer, and we get to have fun at the same time.

I spent a good chunk of my day at my ex's house, celebrating our grandson's first birthday. He was so adorable, covering himself and his mommy with frosting, and stepping and sitting in his cake. Definitely blessed to have him in my life, and soon will have a brother or sister to share the love with!

Here is a little photo montage for you to gaze at:(remember, you can double click on the picture to open it larger)

two very angry cats...they want outside, and we won't let them....so they camp out in the bathroom

impromptu dissection of a frog by the "mad scientists"...one of the cats killed it.

stick meets eye....very lucky 11 yr old...it doesn't look that bad in the photo, but his eye was swollen almost shut, and the bruise was much darker than this

my grandson "bug", sitting in his cake

my favorite picture of my "bug", he and mommy are looking at my card I gave him

my beautiful sweetpea, all dolled up for her junior prom a few weeks ago

Be Blessed! (ps-keep on the look out in the next few days for some new links to free resources, and make sure you check out my blogroll....I have added Inspired to Learn, she has an amazing blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers