October 26, 2009

Changes and a Move!

It has been a roller coaster ride for my children and I the last two years. Starting with my shoulder injury, we have moved, lost our place to live, and lived with family. Through it all, one thing that has stayed forefront for me in the last year or so is that I cannot do anything with Yehovah. I need His love, protection and blessings in order to be the mother that He wants me to be, the daughter He wants me to be, and the person He wants me to be.

This weekend we will be moving again. Yehovah is AMAZING, and has so blessed us! We have found a fabulous apartment to rent, that will again give us a home of our own. It was truly blessed by Yehovah, as it almost didn't happen due to various things. But the entire time I was wanting this apartment, I gave it all to HIM! And I am so glad that I did!!

He has also blessed me with great friends and family who have willingly volunteered to help us move. One down side of the apartment is that it is on the second and third floor. It will be hard moving everything up the stairs, but a blessing down the road for my weight loss goals. I can do several laps on the stairs when the weather is too cold to be outside.

And because the apartment is so large (it is the top two floors of an old Victorian house), I am going to have plenty of storage space, including a room on the third floor to use for stocking up on food supplies. The room has no electricity and no heat, so it will stay nice and cool. I am thinking of ways to keep it cool in the summer, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it ( a portable ac unit maybe?).

Here are some links to share, that I have found or were shared by friends, with information on food storage. I hope they bless you as much as they have blessed me.

National Center for Home Food Preservation - they provide information on everything from canning, freezing, drying, etc. Great guidelines.

Deals to Meals - this is her recipe blog. She also shares on her other site about building up your stockpile of food to get through tough times, or in case of an emergency (we have ice storms in the winter that have caused no power for weeks).

Still Tasty - This site provides the Ultimate Shelf life info on most any food you have.

Molly over at Econobusters has this blog post, of breakfast items that are simple to make and freeze. My boys won't eat them but my daughter will.

A recipe for homemade Pop Tarts. My boys love these for breakfast.

And another for homemade Hot Pockets...another favorite of my daughter and I.

And a blessing yesterday....I don't have a picture unfortunately, as everything is still in bags, ready for this weekend's move....but we went to a local discount store here called Ocean State Job Lots yesterday, and I was able to purchase:

6 containers of baking powder for $1 each
6 bottles of Vanilla extract for $1 each
6 containers of corn starch for $1 each
3 bottles of Dawn dish soap for $2 each (large bottles!)
1 large bottle of Arm & Hammer laundry soap for $2 (this is the only brand we can use due to eczema)

So I am off to a good start, and Yehovah is so good to us! He showed me these deals, he guided it, and it will save us so much money!

Be blessed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers