October 4, 2009

Selfish or Selfless?

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others (Ph. 2:3-4).

I can't explain when it happened, but in the last year, since I have asked God to come back into my life, a change has come over me.

It hasn't been a dramatic, "lighting struck me down" type of realization, but rather a small, step by step change.

It is amazing how God works isn't it? Sometimes it is a firm but loving slap upside the head (think Gibbs, in NCIS), and other times it is a loving hand on your shoulder, guiding you where he wants you to be.

For me it has been working on the Mission's team at our church. I could never have known when I volunteered months ago, what God had in store for me. I still don't know the full extent of it. But what He has revealed to me up to this point is amazing.


Being able to be touched, and through Him, touch others is such a blessing to me. We are hosting a Job Fair at our church this coming Sunday. It is our hope and prayer that we will get more people in the church, involved in the different areas of ministry. There is always something that needs to be done, from small jobs to large. And sadly, it is always the same small group of people who volunteer time and time again.

I have learned to put myself out there more. And I am loving it! Who would have thought that my skills on the computer, and the internet, would become a blessing for God to use. I certainly never did. But he is using a gift I already have, for his work. And it feels so good.

What gifts will you use for his purposes? Are you living a selfish or selfless life?

I am far from where He wants me to be, but I truly believe I am headed in the right direction. I am excited for what lays ahead!

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers