November 18, 2009

Gratitude

This is the time of year that we begin to show our thankfulness for all that we have. I personally try to do this year round, especially giving thanks to Yehovah and Yeshua every single day. I have been so blessed, and I couldn't do it without THEM.

But recently I was awarded two awards by two of my dear online friends, so I thought I should get them posted, and say thank you to these great ladies. (wow, that's a lot of 2's! hehe)

The first is from Laura, at Goose Hill Farm. She gave me this award:


The rules are simple: Post this award with 6 things you probably don't know about me, and then pass along to 6 other friends. So here are my 6 things:

1. I grew up on a mini farm, where for the first 2 years, we had no running water or electricity. We raised all our own animals for food, along with 3 very large gardens each summer. My parents did an amazing job considering they were "city people".

2. I am the only girl in my family. I have two brothers. One older (49) and one younger (40).

3. I am a picky eater. I dislike onions, sweet potatoes and normal veggies like carrots. I do however like "icky" veggies no one else likes: lima beans, brussel sprouts, spinach, etc. My kids dislike most of those, but I cook small portions for myself lol.

4. I am the shortest person in my family. Or I was. My mother has shrunk considerably over the last few years due to spine issues from a car accident 20 years ago. But I have been 5 ft. 3 in. since I was 12. Not a speck more since that time. I will probably in my old age, be closer to 5 ft.

5. I love to bake. Cooking dinner each day is a necessary chore, but I LOVE to bake sweets.

6. All three of my children were overdue when they were born. Sam was 2 weeks overdue and I was induced 6 times before she finally made her appearance. Joe was 3 weeks overdue, and I was induced the day of his birth, because I threatened the doctor (hehe). Tom decided to tease me with labor on and off for 3 weeks, and the last time I went into the hospital with labor, I informed my doctor that I was not leaving until he was born. A week, and many different procedures later to try and induce labor, he was born....2 1/2 weeks late.

Wow, didn't think I could come up with 6 :) I think, rather than trying to choose 6 friends from all the dear people who blog that I love to follow, I will do this: If you are reading this....consider yourself tagged. Add the award to your blog, and list 6 things we don't know about you.


And my second award is from my dear friend, and I sometimes think "kindred spirit", even though we are almost 20 years apart in age, Hannah at Preparing For Our Children's Future. She gave me this award yesterday.

For this one, you are to tell why you love to blog. Hmmmm, this is a bit of a tough one, but I will see what comes to mind.

*I love to "talk", and this is just another form of that
*I am learning more about myself through Yehovah's grace, by blogging.
*I love to share what I learn...whether it be homeschooling, faith based, or anything.
*It gives me an outlet for my passion for writing. I have been writing since I was a little girl.
*It helps me be accountable. I can post something on my blog that I want to accomplish, and I have sweet friends that will check on me, to see how it is going. I need that.

Ok, off to watch some more of Colonial House for history, then get some more unpacking and organizing done for the day. I WILL get those last 2 curtains hung in the livingroom, if it is the ONLY thing I do today lol.

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers