November 22, 2009

Our New Home and Our New Pet

We have been very blessed in our new home so far. I am slow but sure getting everything in it's place. It can be both frustrating and exciting to try and figure out how to organize everything so it works for us.

I have, however, decided that I can do only so much with the Thanksgiving holiday coming up. We have my oldest daughter, her husband and my grandbaby coming over that day, as well as my son-in-laws parents. So we will have 10 people for Thanksgiving. Yehovah is so good to me! But, I still have many boxes, while not filled with everyday necessities, still need to be unpacked. So I had the kiddos put them in the storage room for now, and I will get to them once the holidays are over. Lots of pictures to hang, that sort of thing.

I am also very proud to say that we are decluttering as we unpack, taking much to the Salvation Army, and anything that got packed that really is trash is going in the trash. Yeah us! LOL!

I don't have pictures of all the rooms yet, but I thought you might like to see a few of the kid's rooms. So enjoy :)

Tom's room (we still need to find his curtains to hang):


Joe's room (the poles are part of a mast he made to use on Dad's canoe)


Sam's room (she hasn't had as much time as the boys to get her room situated, due to a heavy schedule this past week with Chorus and finishing Driver's Ed, but she is plugging away)


And this weekend we were blessed with a new addition to our home and family...Miss Bella :) She is a very large black lab/newfoundland with a smidge of chow thrown in for good measure. She is an absolute doll, and very well behaved.


I will post more pictures in a few days, as we get the house respectable for Thanksgiving, and I get our workbox system up and running. I need to finish setting it up today sometime, as well as go grocery shopping for the "big meal" later this week.

Be blessed!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Stephanie~

    WOW! You guys have gotten a LOT done in just a short period of time. The rooms look great! I wouldn't worry about stressing over getting things in order, that will come in time. For now, just relish in the fact that you have a "HOME" and you are with your precious family.

    What a wonderful time to be moving in.....THANKSGIVING! We all have so much to be thankful for!

    Blessings, sweet friend~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! It was important to me that the kids make their rooms feel like "home" before anything else. They have been so patient while we waited for things to come together for us to be able to move again into a place of our own.

    Yehovah truly blessed me when he gave me these 3 particular people to care for!

    And too true, I am excited to be having Thanksgiving with family, and to be able to give all the praise for what is happening to Yehovah, because without him, I wouldn't be here.

    Have a blessed Thanksgiving with your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dog. You are going to really enjoy him. We moved into our home 2 years ago at Thanksgiving time.Don't expect too much from your self. It takes a lot to settle in and you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Robin, for the wonderful comment as well as for stopping by my blog. I am trying to let Yehovah dictate what Thanksgiving will bring, although it is hard sometimes lol.

    He has already blessed me with loving family that I get to spend more time with, so that is the most important thing for this coming holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Followers