March 11, 2010

A Plan of Action

As I have admitted before, I am the MOST disorganized homeschooler there is. Papers that still haven't been filed in the boy's binders, flying by the seat of my pants most days.

But I am working on it. Every day is a baby step in the right direction I think. I am getting closer to my goal of writing all assignments down for the boys at least one day in advance, with the ultimate goal of having at least a week planned out in advance.

While playing around on the internet this morning, I found something that really sparked a doable goal for me. Amanda Bennett is very well known in the homeschool world, but I have never used her stuff, or read any of her books. But while looking at her website this morning, I really was inspired.

Under the sample section, she gives a short, two page sample from her book, Unit Studies the Easy Way. If you look at page 2 of this sample, at the very bottom, she has a "Daily Learning Plan". This is doable!

I made up a form to help us stay on track (Me really) when it comes to history. I may even use this for science too. I want to see how it goes first. I am posting the form here so that if anyone would like to use it, you are more than welcome to.

Name: ____________________________________
Date: _______________________
TODAY’S PASSAGE:




WOW: Do vocab cards for the following words:


PEOPLE AND PLACES TO KNOW:


READ AND DISCOVER:



GEOGRAPHY:



I am using the "People and Places to Know" section for things like biography cards that I want done, or a place that I want described. Actual map work will fall under the "Geography" section. I will post a sample in a few days of what it all looks like when the boys do it. I think it will save us a lot of time, and ease me further towards my goal of being organized, even if it is just a little.

Be blessed

3 comments:

  1. Hey, my friend! We are tied for the first place in disorganization! :> (

    I am going to check this out. I hope it will help me, I don't like flying by the seat of my pants anymore!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is inherited...seriously. I hate it too, but also balk at changes in being more organized. But it is seriously driving me batty and the boys crazy not to be more set up for school. They dislike when they don't know what is next, especially Joe. He is very analytical, and wants to be able to plan his day. Can't say as I blame him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Stephanie, your blog looks great! Let me know when you have a button so I can add it to my blog. I have you on my blog roll..

    ReplyDelete

Followers