May 11, 2010

Stop Fighting It

I had another post that I began yesterday, but I threw it away. It was all about how chaotic things felt, and that I was being pulled in ten different directions. But then the verse I live by came back and wrapped it's arms around me.

You can see it in the left side bar, right at the top of this page. Trust in Adonai. It sounds so simple when you read it, but when it comes to practicing it, and truly giving all you need and worry about to YHWH, do you truly do it?

Yesterday seemed like an impossible day. Last minute commitments kept popping up, throwing everything I had planned off track. I felt overwhelmed, and like a two year old who doesn't get their own way, I got angry and frustrated.

But then I was stopped in my tracks. YHWH made me stop and just sit for a minute. That was all it took for him to remind me, he is there, he knows what he wants me to do, and he will schedule my day.

So after a deep breath, and a true feeling of him wrapping his love around me, I just went one task at a time. I rearranged previously MUST get done things to another day. Because honestly, they weren't MUSTs, only my own mind I thought they were. Rather than go grocery shopping, I just picked up a few things to get us through for a day or two. I will do the grocery shopping later in the week.

I am keeping a binder of things I want, or need to do for us to be on our land. But it hit me yesterday... I NEED to print out the zoning laws for our town. I have to have it in hand to be able to use it. Previously it had been on my computer in a pretty little pdf file. But I cannot make the arguments for what we want to do without it in hand to show the laws.

I won't deny there is a bit of desperation in my needing and wanting to get on our land. The economy is not getting any better, and the country is going down hill faster than I can keep up. I do not have the option of moving away. I have to trust YHWH to watch over me and my children where we are. But in HIS time. I want to be on the land yesterday, but I have to keep reminding myself that he is in control, he knows what is to become of me, and he will not let me down. He will make the timing right for us, if it is in his plans.


3 comments:

  1. This is a great reminder for me as well, we can not move away either, I have to trust HE will care for us....Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proverbs 3:5-6 are my favorite verses in the Bible! These verses hung next to my step-mom for the last 3 months of her life (she recently passed away from cancer). It all comes down to trusting Him. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for reading and posting your encouraging words! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers