June 17, 2010

T.O.B.Y - Chaos

I am either late with last week's post, or a day early for this week. So we will just call it a draw! :)

It has been busy around here with the preparations for my daughter's graduation from high school tomorrow night. Mix that in with end of the year homeschool stuff for the two boys, and you get down right chaos.

Sam had a banquet on the 13th, for the music department at her school. She has been in chorus all four years, and they did some special stuff for the seniors at the banquet. We all had a good time, with the exception of the end, when they showed the video made by the seniors, to the teachers. Unfortunately, one of the biggest reasons I don't like public school reared it's ugly head. Each senior made a short video about what the music department meant to them, and it was to go into the completed movie. The movie ended up being about 10 students, all the most popular click, and the other 50 or so seniors were never put in the movie. That broke Sam's heart, since she has put just as much into the music department as any other student. But she is learning to move on....speaking of moving on, here are a few shots from the banquet:


Yeppers, not all of them came out clear....my digital died months ago when Tom dropped it, so was using Sam's, which doesn't like me lol. All in all it was a good banquet, with TONS of food, and great cake after.

We also went on Wendesday to see her sing at the Voice Lab recital during the last two class periods. She did a solo of "On my Own" from Les Mis....she thought she did horrible, I thought she did amazing. She has only sung solo once before in front of that many people, and she was very nervous. No pics for that one as I messed up using the phone camera lol.

Her graduation is tomorrow night, lets all pray to Yah that I can make the camera work ok as she steps across the stage to get her diploma.

The boys have been plugging along at their school work. I just printed out Joe's progress reports from VLACS to send in for his evaluation, and did up his book log. I met yesterday with the homeschool evaluator, Mrs. Kinville (who also happens to be Tom's old Scout leader), and did Tom's evaluation.

Despite my worries of us being "hit or miss" in Language Arts, he passed with flying colors! Yeah!

This will be our first year homeschooling through the summer, so we will see how much of an adjustment it will be. I think it will be great! The boys not so much....hehe. But now that we don't have to follow the public school schedule due to Sam, we can work at our own pace, take days off when we need to for fun or illness. I will be working on our upcoming plans in the next week or so.

I hope you have enjoyed a peek into our chaotic week(s).

Shalom

4 comments:

  1. Hi, sweetie~

    I know what you mean about the video. It was the same way here when my daughter graduated. Not a very nice feeling for them to know that others think they're not important enough! :> (

    The rest of your celebrating sounded wonderful! Congratulations again, Sam!

    Let me know how your schooling through the summer goes. We may be doing the same thing!

    Blessings, dear heart~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will let you know Laura :) Hope you guys are having a great time with school

    ReplyDelete
  3. Graduating from high school, whether it be good, bad or indifferent, is such a Rite of Passage, isn't it? I hope this new phase of your daughter's life is filled with lots of joy and happiness for her. Congratulations to her and to you for raising such a beautiful daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Mama Pea :) She is both nervous and excited for the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete

Followers