August 27, 2010

The Evil Green Monster

Ok, confession time: I have a serious flaw that I need to work diligently on. JEALOUSY.

1 Corinthians 3:1-8
1
As for me, brothers, I couldn't talk to you as spiritual people but as worldly people, as babies, so far as experience with the Messiah is concerned.
2 I gave you milk, not solid food, because you were not yet ready for it. But you aren't ready for it now either! 3 For you are still worldly! Isn't it obvious from all the jealousy and quarrelling among you that you are worldly and living by merely human standards? 4 For when one says, "I follow Sha'ul" and another, "I follow Apollos," aren't you being merely human? 5 After all, what is Apollos? What is Sha'ul? Only servants through whom you came to trust. Indeed, it was the Lord who brought you to trust through one of us or through another. 6 I planted the seed, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. 7 So neither the planter nor the waterer is anything, only God who makes things grow - 8 planter and waterer are the same. However, each will be rewarded according to his work. (CJB)

Lately, and I have no excuses, because I know Yah will provide when he feels it is the right time, I am jealous of those who have land. Have a place to start living the life I want.

It also angers me sometimes, to drive by a piece of land, sitting empty, that is not being put to good use, to grow food and a family.

It also frustrates me that here in the northeast, land contracts are not more common place. There are so many great homes with acreage, just sitting empty, but because our mentality is to try and make the most money possible, thus must sell, not rent to own, most will not. I haven't found one yet, although I am not giving up on trying. I still keep emailing real estate agents, hoping a home that I have seen on the market for an extended period of time, would have gracious owners who see what the kids and I want to do, and be willing to work with us.

But my jealousy is of this world, and I need to combat it. I need to fight it with HIS words, and HIS love. Not as easy as it sounds. But I am up for it. I put all my heart into what YAH would have me do.

I hope everyone has a blessed Shabbat! :)

Shalom!

2 comments:

  1. It is hard, and jealousy will eat one's heart...I know - I have battled this in the past too. Rest in Him and HE will give you the strength to fight it....Shabbat shalom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Andi:) I definitely don't want it to eat my heart, that is too valuable! Shabbat Shalom to you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

Followers