August 19, 2010

Is a move in our Future????

A gentleman rang our doorbell today about 11 am. I went over the gate and down the stairs, figuring it was someone looking for the lady in the apartment downstairs, who sells rescue dogs.

Nope...it was some one delivering a note from a local real estate agent, that said:

"I represent the new owners of the building. Please contact me today/tonight or tomorrow at the latest. We need to speak asap."

Apparently, my landlord lost the building to the bank. I had no idea what was going on, but it now makes sense that he didn't respond to my email from Monday. Hmmmm, what's next???

Don't know anything yet, still waiting for the real estate gentleman to call me back. The guy doing the dirty work (delivery of message) did tell me that they have a "cash for keys" program, and from the way he talked they want people out asap. My lease is until November, and he said they "sometimes" honor them.

Just out of curiosity, I did scope out Craigslist today....not a whole lot there. Mostly $1200-$1500 homes for rent ...or higher. With this economy, do these people who own these homes they can't afford themselves, really think someone else can afford to pay their outrageous mortgage so they can keep the house? Apparently they do...and if anyone is foolish to fall for that...good luck to them.

Please keep us in your prayers, as we wait to hear what will happen, and that if we have to move, that something reasonably priced becomes available.

Shalom

6 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you.. I am in a similar situation. I got a notice of foreclosure yesterday delivered here to the home Im renting. My lease is till February but I have no idea whats going to happen... I too was scoping homes and the ones that would fit us are all way more then I can afford. I definitely need God's hand in this!
    I pray you find a home in your price range that is even better then the one you are currently in and that you find blessing in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you cover in prayers that a door will open up for you dear Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christi, I am so sorry to hear that you too are dealing with this. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I still don't know anything, as the real estate agent working on the bank's behalf hasn't called back yet. Doubt it will be a restful night's sleep. I will keep you in my prayers too, that you are able to find a place you can afford.

    Twinkle Mom: Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is some information you might want to view. http://law.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_protecting_tenants_at_foreclosure_act

    Basically if the home you're living in is foreclosed on, you are allowed 90 days. There will be some restrictions so be sure to read the information. Most agents may not be aware of this law.

    I hope this helps!
    Terri Camp
    DFW Texas Homes, LLC
    Serving the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying here, sweet friend!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have to honor your lease until it is up (just went through this myself last year). The only exception to this would be if they sell the house and the new owner is going to live in the house. If they are going to live in the house, they only have to give you a 90-day notice. This won't help you, but I saw a comment from someone else that their lease is up in February. But you're right, if you choose to stay the remainder of your lease, they do not have to offer you the cash for keys program.
    We'll pray that you find new living accomodations quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Followers