August 23, 2010

It's Official...We are Moving

Acts 17:26-29
26 "From one man he made every nation living on the entire surface of the earth, and he fixed the limits of their territories and the periods when they would flourish. 27 God did this so that people would look for him and perhaps reach out and find him although in fact, he is not far from each one of us, 28 'for in him we live and move and exist.' Indeed, as some of the poets among you have said, 'We are actually his children.' 29 So, since we are children of God, we shouldn't suppose that God's essence resembles gold, silver or stone shaped by human technique and imagination. (CJB)


Well, after four days of phone tag with the real estate agent that is representing the mortgage company, who owns the building I live in (if you missed last week's post, or don't visit me on FB, my landlord lost the building to the bank), I am going to be moving.

Initially I will admit to complete panic. I was freaking about what I would do, where would we go. But then something happened. I stopped. I prayed. And I prayed again. I fought the fear that was screaming through my head.

And when I went later to look on Craigslist at apartments, it dawned on me....I can't afford $1200-$1800 for a 3 or 4 bedroom apartment. It just isn't going to happen, and I would never pay that much anyway. A house, MAYBE, but never just for an apartment. The more I looked at Craigslist, the more a certain thing kept jumping out at me....Downsize.

We have done it before, the four of us living in a two bedroom apartment. It wasn't ideal, but it wasn't horrible either. The main thing will be can we afford it, and then, can we keep the cats.

I had already decided to get rid of Bella. It was a hard decision, but she needs to be somewhere, so that she has plenty of room to run around and wear her energy off. She can't do that in an apartment. I have someone on Freecycle who is interested in maybe taking her, I will know more in a day or two. If not, we have a fabulous "no kill" shelter here, that I know will find her a good home.

So, I don't know where we are going yet, but we will be staying local. I have a few inquiries out about some places, and hope to hear back soon. It will be a bit dicey, coordinating the money I will need for a security deposit and first month's rent, with the check the mortgage company is going to give me, but I figure if someone is willing, and in this economy, most are, I could give them a good faith deposit to hold the apartment so that they don't rent it out from under me. The check from the mortgage company won't be given to me until we are completely out, and they have inspected for damages/cleanliness. They will be in for a shock, because I never leave a place in bad shape, unlike some I have seen. I make sure it is washed from top to bottom. It's just common courtesy. That is how I got it in the first place, so that is how I should leave it.

I know that Yah is there for me, no matter what. But when a situation like this happens, and I feel like I have let my children down, it still amazes me how he works. This morning I was on the verge of tears for several hours, and by this afternoon I was giddy with excitement.

It shouldn't amaze me....He is Yah after all. He can do anything. But it still does....and I feel so loved because of it.

Shalom!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you have to move. We will be praying for you and your family. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shawnee:) I truly believe that this is part of Yah's plan, although it didn't feel like that at the time. He is doing something in my life, I just have to follow along and listen for His guidance.

    ReplyDelete

Followers