September 23, 2010

Blessings Beyond Measure

Deutoronomy 28:1 "If you listen closely to what ADONAI your God says, observing and obeying all his mitzvot which I am giving you today, ADONAI your God will raise you high above all the nations on earth; 2 and all the following blessings will be yours in abundance -if you will do what ADONAI your God says: 3 "A blessing on you in the city, and a blessing on you in the countryside. 4 "A blessing on the fruit of your body, the fruit of your land and the fruit of your livestock - the young of your cattle and flocks. 5 "A blessing on your grain-basket and kneading-bowl. 6 "A blessing on you when you go out, and a blessing on you when you come in. 7 "ADONAI will cause your enemies attacking you to be defeated before you; they will advance on you one way and flee before you seven ways. 8 "ADONAI will order a blessing to be with you in your barns and in everything you undertake; he will bless you in the land ADONAI your God is giving you. 9 "ADONAI will establish you as a people separated out for himself, as he has sworn to you - if you will observe the mitzvot of ADONAI your God and follow his ways. 10 Then all the peoples on earth will see that ADONAI's name, his presence, is with you; so that they will be afraid of you. 11 "ADONAI will give you great abundance of good things - of the fruit of your body, the fruit of your livestock and the fruit of your land in the land ADONAI swore to your ancestors to give you. 12 ADONAI will open for you his good treasure, the sky, to give your land its rain at the right seasons and to bless everything you undertake. You will lend to many nations and not borrow; 13 ADONAI will make you the head and not the tail; and you will be only above, never below - if you will listen to, observe and obey the mitzvot of ADONAI your God 14 and not turn away from any of the words I am ordering you today, neither to the right nor to the left, to follow after other gods and serve them. (CJB)


I have been reading this passage for months now. And as I sit here, sipping my coffee this morning, I can truly say that I am proof of this passage. This month has been a "head spinning" one. What started out as horrible, by way of finding out that we had to find a new place to live, has turned into so many blessings I cannot believe it.

It has not been an easy road to trust YHVH. I have spoken before about my trust issues. But, the one thing that I keep reminding myself over and over, and HE reminds me of, is that those trust issues come from when I was living in the world, not in HIS grace and love.

I see many of my online friends, who are seeking this narrow path, being attacked from all sides, verbally and spiritually. I have not been attacked by people for what I know is right...following the truth. But spiritually it has been a bombardment. But I also have not been open in my personal life with my new found faith. My family doesn't really know. That will change soon, as I am able to be more open with what I believe. It is not easy with my family, and I have chosen to keep it private. I feel that much of our faith with YHVH is a personal relationship, and doesn't need to be touted from the roof tops.

Yet HE tells us to be an example, to show what following his way is, to share HIS words. I haven't been doing that, other than online. But after this past week or so, I have no excuses, because I have the perfect testimony to share, to show just how amazing HIS love is.

You all know about the move. Well there has been another turn of events that happened yesterday afternoon. My lawyer, Sarah, (she is handling my SSDI case) called my mother's looking for me, because she was under the impression that I had already moved. My mom gave her my cell number. I called her myself, but she was on the phone with another client so I left a message. She called me back an hour or so later.

She received a check for her fees in my case yesterday afternoon. But she didn't receive any paperwork with it, so she called the Social Security office to confirm that my disability case had been approved. Indeed, it had!!! Only YHVH could have made this happen. More often than not, it takes several times of applying to be approved for this. My own mother, with her disability for her back, from a car accident, had to go through the process 3 times before she was allowed to have it. I understand their need to be cautious, there is far too much "working the system", and people getting things they shouldn't. But here I was, the first time, getting my benefits! I have an amazing lawyer, and we did have a file that was over a foot thick, with documentation from 9 different doctors and facilities, concerning my CRPS. But still.........

We will not be rich, by any stretch of the imagination. But to have that check come in each month, for now guaranteed, is going to be a blessing that I cannot even explain. Unless you have lived less than paycheck to paycheck, you cannot even fathom the stress there is in trying to meet the basic needs of caring for your children. To have that check, and to know that our rent will be paid each month, without worry, is a blessing to not only my heart, but to my children's.

And because of the amount that was direct deposited into my bank account for the past year of payments, we are able to move directly into the new house this weekend. I was able to go to the bank and get the check I needed for the landlord, rather than waiting for this apartment to be inspected on the 1st. I am still doing all I need to do, to make sure I get that check on the 1st (cleaning etc). But our life is not dependent on it. When I called the couple that is renting us the house yesterday, to explain the situation, they were so happy for us. They are wonderful people, and I know it is going to be a joy to be their tenants, as well as their friends. And by moving in this weekend, rather than after the 1st, they will still be here locally, so if we have any questions. They will always be just a phone call away, but I also want them to meet my children before they head to Florida for the winter.

Another blessing that has come about because of this turn of events, is that I was able to send an email to Jacque and Matt Dixon, asking to be removed from Gleaning the Harvest. This frees up that spot for another family to receive help. They have just recently added Mrs. Brass to the list of families who need help, and have many more waiting in the wings. To be able to let another family be blessed as I have, by complete strangers, is such a joy! And I will be donating myself, each month, to the families. It may not be much, maybe $10, but as a recipient of that donation, I can't begin to tell you how much that money means to those families. That can pay for many things..... a package of toilet paper, more towards rent, gas in your vehicle, the list goes on and on. $10 seems so small. Yet it can have such a huge impact on a life. Most of these families are asking for very little, yet are so very grateful for what they already have.

I see so many people online, touting their new IPhones, and other "toys". I would love to see these people give just $10 a month, to a family. If everyone did that, it would make such a difference! I am a testimony to that.

I pray for all my sweet friends, that YHVH blesses you beyond measure, just as he has done for me!


Shalom!!!

5 comments:

  1. Rejoicing with you!!! Knowing full well what it is like to live paycheck to paycheck, yet with bills still piling up...yes, stress! Winter is usually a very stressful time for us as my husband works as a self-employed landscaper and the grass just doesn't grow up in Canada during the winter months...hee hee. But as we go into the lean months I am feeling peace after reading those verses in Deut. We need to get our stuff sorted out so that we are in obedience to Yahweh...so that we are not hindering His blessings! Thank you so much for encouraging me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful news Stephanie! I am so happy for you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for the blessings you have received! But I know you are, in turn, a blessing for others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad for this Stephanie! I've been praying (As I know many others have) that Yah would make it smooth for you in this move and that he'd ease your financial burdens. I am soo glad the prayer is answered. He is a mighty YAH and I am thankful we can serve him :) Enjoy your new home

    ~Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori-Dawn: I am so happy that my post was able to encourage you! Praise YHVH!! I will keep you and your family in our prayers, that you have an easy "off season".

    Jo: Thank you my sweet friend, you are such a blessing to me!!!

    Mama Pea: Thank you:) It means so much to hear that from you.

    Angelique: I am so grateful for all the prayers of my wonderful friends and "family"!! He is mighty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers