September 2, 2010

Blessings From Yah

Yesterday was a busy and hot day! We borrowed my parent's pick up truck, and spent the better part of the day putting all the boxes into the storage unit that we rented. The truck only has a 6ft bed, but you would be amazed at how much you can fit in, when you stack it right.

The biggest obstacle for us yesterday was the heat. It was 95 here yesterday, and even the slightest movement caused you to sweat bullets. Thankfully, the kids held up well, carting boxes down to the truck, while I stacked them. We took lots of breaks, drank LOTS of water, and by 2 o'clock, had done 3 loads. Praise Yah!!! He watched over all of us, and helped it go smoothly despite some bumps in the road thanks to a dentist appt that was behind schedule....Sam had to go see the dentist right in the middle of the day, and they were running almost an hour behind.

I then took the truck back to my parent's, and traveled south about 30 minutes to my step-daughter Nicolle's house. She is working as a housekeeper at a local hotel, and got me more boxes. We still need to pack up the back room, and some of Joe's room. I also need to finish going through the few boxes in the storage room here at the apartment, and dispose of some stuff.

I absolutely LOVE that Yah has put it in my heart to simplify. We got rid of a 19" tv that I have had for 16yrs and no longer need, along with some other little items, all using Freecycle. If you don't know what that is: It is a group (they are all over the country), where people give away things they no longer want/need, so they do not end up in the landfills. I saw no sense in trashing the tv, as it still works great, but also knew I would probably have no luck selling the bulky thing since most people have gone to LCD tvs. Freecycle to the rescue:) And I was able to bless another single mom who is getting a new apartment and has nearly nothing. Make sure to check the link above, and see if there is a group in your area!

The last blessing truly knocked the wind out of me. I finally got home about 7pm last night, and sat to relax and check my email. Thanks to an amazing person (she knows who she is), I am $200 closer to having the money to find a new place to live. She donated to my family through Gleaning The Harvest. I was stunned, and so very grateful!! I couldn't help but tear up. Thank you to that wonderful person!!! And thank you to Yah for putting her in my life!!!

Today is going to be a much more relaxed day. No heavy lifting, some minor packing, some laundry. We all need a day of rest (despite it being the middle of the week), after our hot day yesterday.

I hope you are all blessed by Yah, as I have been. Put all your trust in HIM!!!!

Shalom!

2 comments:

  1. This warmed my heart to read....praying for you too! Oh and we use free cycle alot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Andi:) You are so sweet, and I am very fortunate to have you in my life:) I have learned so much from reading your blog and just learning about your walk with Him.

    I always feel blessed beyond measure, even in the roughest of times, because I know no matter what, Yah has me covered...I may not always see it, but He is there!!

    Shalom!

    ReplyDelete

Followers