September 21, 2010

Grandbabies and a move update


Watch out, she means business!! LOL! I wish I knew what she was thinking in this picture....this is my granddaughter Sonja, born last December. She and her big brother, Saske have been spending a lot of time with us because Sam is babysitting for Nicolle. I am loving it! More time to love on both of them!!
Saske is a complete ham. The second he hears the camera "click", he has to turn around and pose for the next photo. He loves to color, and play with my boys. I have been working with him a little bit, learning his alphabet and numbers. Once we get settled, I will set up some workboxes for him to work on while we do school work. He loves to use the Elmo flash cards I got at Dollar Tree recently.

It is a bit odd to have babies that young in the house again, and takes a bit of adjusting on my part, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. And with the new place, they will get to play outside quite a bit too, since we have a great yard.

We are busy packing here what is left. I thought it wasn't much, but we have filled Tom's bedroom nearly to the ceiling with boxes and furniture. In all honesty, it is mostly furniture. We (the kids) brought everything down from the two bedrooms upstairs on the third floor the other night. My thinking is that it will be so much easier to bring the stuff down one flight of stairs onto the Uhaul truck this weekend, rather than two flights. They agreed lol.

We will be staying with my parents for about two weeks while we wait for the inspection of the old apartment, and the check to clear, to finish paying the new landlords. Then it will be time to rent another Uhaul, and move into our new home! I am so excited, I can't even put it into words! And I am so VERY grateful to YHVH for giving us this opportunity.

Just to give you a taste, I thought I would share a few photos that were used in the ad on Craigslist. We are going for another walk through on Friday afternoon, and will have more pictures, and possibly a video to share.

This is part of the living room. That old fireplace is in the process of having a gas fireplace put in, should be all ready to go when I move in. That door leads to an "office", that we will be using as a third bedroom.


This is looking from the living room back into the dining room. There is a gorgeous built-in there between the windows. According to what Carole, the woman who owns the house was told, her grandfather rescued this built-in from a house on Beacon Hill in Boston while doing construction work. Her grandfather built this house in the 1920's-1930's I believe.

And this is looking from the dining room into the living room. That bay window has the most amazing view of Moose Mountain across the pasture on the other side of the road. Can't wait for the foliage to come in fully, will make for some great photos.

And this is the front of the house. The only problem with where the house sits, is that it is on the very top of a hill, and on a corner. Coming out of the drive can be a bit dicey sometimes, so will need to take extra precautions on that one. Besides the very large front yard, there is a very large back yard too. Plenty of room for the kids and grand kids.

I hope you like the photos, and am excited to share more once we get settled in. While at my parents I will still have internet, but it may take us a week or so once we are in the new place, to have it hooked up there, depending on the cable company's schedule. So if you don't see me for a week or two, no worries.

Shalom!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful house you have found! It looks so nice. I'm very happy for you and hope the move goes smoothly and easily. It looks like a house you can fill with love and make into a home for you and the kids. I can see why you're excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mama Pea. It was all YHVH's doing. I actually almost didn't answer the ad because there have been so many scams on Craigslist (you know, people who live in Africa). But I took the chance, and it paid off tenfold. We are now going to be back in our hometown where we want to be, near my parents so I can help with my grandmother and father. And my kids can be with their friends again.

    ReplyDelete

Followers