September 16, 2010

Moving Update and Prayers Please

Last week was a bit chaotic, but we think we have things sorted out. We got served with an eviction notice from the sheriff. Nothing to panic about, apparently it is standard procedure in foreclosures. According to the eviction notice we had up to 90 days to move out.

After speaking to the real estate agent handling the whole process locally, if I wait that full 90 days, I will receive nothing from the cash for keys program, so that I can secure us a new place to live. So, I have agreed to move out by the end of the month.

We are busy packing up the last few items that need to go into boxes, so that a week from Saturday we can rent the Uhaul, and get everything out of here and into storage. That will give the kids and I about 4 days to do cleaning for the final inspection.

I am going to look at a place tonight, and another on Saturday. The one I am looking at Saturday is a bit more expensive, but would be the most desired option for us, if YHVH wants us there. It is in our "home town" where we all would rather be. It is also an actual house, not an apartment, thus we would have more privacy. That is my first prayer request, that you pray for YHVH to help us find a good place to live, that is affordable.

We won't be homeless, even if I haven't found a place by the 30th, as we will be staying at my parents for a week or two (or three) until we have found another home. Thank goodness for the loving parents that YHVH has given me!!! That is my second prayer request.....It was thought my father had gotten the "bug" that has been going around. They put him on two different antibiotics, with no change. Yesterday they did a new X-ray, and said it is not looking good. It is showing significant differences even from the one they did last week. They believe the tumor has grown back to it's original size (or close to it), and has spread into his lung. He is going for a new scan this morning, and will meet with the doctor on Friday. Please pray for his healing, and relief from pain.

And my last prayer request is a bit of a selfish one. As many of you know, I have CRPS, a painful and permanent nerve disorder. Yesterday while speaking to my downstairs neighbor, her large great dane bit me twice in my affected arm, and once on the back of my leg. Only one of the bites broke the skin, and is not very deep, but in a CRPS affected limb, it feels 100% like the dog tried to chew my arm off. The medication I am on is not really touching the pain. Would you please pray for the pain to ease? You are all such a blessing to me!!!

Some people keep asking me how I can go about my day with a smile on my face, and always seem so happy, with all that seems to be going on in and around my life. I can honestly say that I have times when I feel like I want to cry, especially about my sweet father. When those times hit me, I drop to my knees and speak to the only one who truly understands, YHVH. He comforts me, he listens, he loves me.

I could walk around all pouty and sad, but what would that accomplish? Absolutely nothing. I am a child of YHVH, he will guide and protect me. Yes this is a hard time right now in my life, but I am growing every single day because of it. No, I don't have much control over the move, the cancer, or much else in my life....but when do we really? I am just so blessed to have people who love me, who pray for me, and most of all, the love of my father YHVH.

Shalom!

5 comments:

  1. Steph,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your father, and that the dog bit you! I will pray for you and your family. I hope you will find a new place to live soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't ever forget you have all of us out here in Blogland who care for you and are sending our love and prayers to help carry you through this difficult time. I have no doubt that with your wonderful attitude and outlook, good things will come to you and yours. Please try to find time to keep us updated. Sending the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you as you find the perfect home for your family. I know the Lord will lead and guide your steps. I will also be praying for your health. I know God will give you strength and help you as you go through this storm.

    Blessings,
    Shawnee

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, and I was blessed at reading your post. For often I loose this sight of keeping my joy. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies, I am in tears right now. You have blessed me with your love, your kind words, and your prayers. Thank YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers