October 1, 2010

Moving and Keeping It Real

My life is not ideal. I try to convey that in this blog. Moving is horrible. There, I said it. Trying to move with 2 teens and 1 pre-teen is like trying to move with the 3 Stooges. They are either goofing off and laughing so hard they can't carry anything, or are bickering about who is doing the most work.

Last Saturday we started at 7:30 a.m. loading the Uhaul truck. We didn't finish unloading until 7:30 p.m. Then I still had to drive 20 minutes south to return the truck, grab my car, go to the old place and grab the cats, and then go to the new home. To say I was tired is an understatement.

My kids seriously did amazing, getting it all loaded and unloaded. Tom was a bit on the lazy side Saturday, but made up for it on Tuesday when he helped me clean the old place. We had the inspection for the old place, and it passed muster, so I now have a check in the bank, which was what the mortgage company paid me to move out before 90 days passed. I am glad it is over. It has been a week of constant running back to the old place to finish up, and getting all utilities situated. Add to that, Sam started her other 3 college classes this week, so for 4 days each week (until she gets her license), I am running her down to the town where she can catch the bus, then going back to pick her up in the afternoon. The bus doesn't come as far as our little town.

I would love to show you pictures of the new home, but in the vein of keeping it real, Blogger isn't letting me upload any at the moment lol. I will try again tomorrow.

Now it is just about settling into the new place. Each day I just take a bit at a time, working my way slowly through boxes.

I will update more once we are settled. Thank you to everyone for all the prayers and well wishes! They were a true blessing!

YHVH is in control, and I love it!

Shalom!

6 comments:

  1. Hey, sweetie~

    I am glad to hear that you are in your new home but sorry you have had so much to deal with.

    I can't wait to see pics of our new place.

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Darlin:) It's just exhausting, and my kids really did do an amazing job considering we had no extra help moving this time. I can't wait to "nest" lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Stephanie, I know what you mean! I hate moving, and we've moved twice in as many years. I hope this move is as much of a blessing to you as our last move was. And hopefully, you can stay here for a good while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol we hate moving too! This makes our 4th move in 4 yrs...I am done, we are staying here for a very long time (YHVH willing). Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got a good laugh out of you saying moving with three teens is like working with the three stooges!

    Moving is HARD work and you can't expect to get settled in quickly. Just take it easy and enjoy looking at your new home as you do it. The house needs time to get used to you, too. Sending blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mama Pea: Their dad thought that comment was hysterical! I am just taking it one day at a time. I get frustrated sometimes because it can take me much longer to do things than others due to the arm. I forget sometimes that I have to wait because I can't lift a box, and need to ask the kids for help. We will get their eventually:)

    ReplyDelete

Followers