November 15, 2010

Behind The Scenes

Despite the chaotic going's on here, there has been quite a bit going on behind the scenes. I have been brainstorming ways to add to my budget to help my family. One special consideration that I have is my arm/shoulder issue. CRPS is a very unpredictable disorder. I could have a fairly good day, where I can do things like dishes, maybe crochet for an hour, etc. And then there are the bad days....the days where the tremors make it nearly impossible to hold on to anything, or the pain is so bad, all I want to do it remove the arm from my body.

I don't tell you these things to sound depressing. It's reality. Not "reality" as in those foolish shows you see on tv. Reality as in, this is my everyday life, and I never know when I wake up in the morning what the day will be like (but this is true for everyone, disability or not). The one thing I do know, without a doubt is that YHVH has my back. He is there to hold me up when I cannot stand. He is there to comfort me when my body hurts beyond belief. And he is there as my biggest cheerleader when I succeed even in the simplest of tasks.

Life has many realities, and despite being frugal, and using many avenues to save money, there are expenses I need to plan for. The home I am renting, as part of the lease, I will have to pay half the taxes and water bill come late spring. About the same time, I will also have to register and inspect both vehicles. And I would also like to start building up some emergency funds.

To do this, as a family we are starting a website: Three Seasons Farm. We will be selling our handmade items online, and also selling home baked goods locally. Our hope is that we can sell the home baked goods online too, but that will be down the road. Watch for our grand opening in a few weeks!!

I have also teamed up with an amazing group of ladies on another blog, as a contributor. This blog will provide encouragement for women in many areas of their lives. Come visit us at Living Well Moms. There will be posts daily that will help you live more healthy, more financially smart, and just encourage you on your walk in life.

I am also doing a lot of reading on how to get a part time Virtual Assistant business off the ground. This one will be down the road. There are some adaptations I will need to make.

If you think this seems like a lot, it is, and it isn't. In my family genealogy research I have learned so much about the people who make up my family. People who had a much harder life than I did, but did so much with it. They inspire me to keep going, to find ways to make my life meaningful. And with YHVH's guidance, I am sure to succeed.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck on your new site Three Seasons Farm. I can't wait to see all the beautiful things you will put up for sale..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so inspiring to see your beautiful spirit showing through. You don't let any moss grow under your feet! Sending best thoughts and wishes for ALL your new ventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How inspiring you are, still setting yourself goals to keep you going. That is most admirable. :)

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Followers