December 10, 2010

Eggnog Pound Cake


My sweet friend, Anna, shared this recipe with a group of us on Facebook the other day, and I got a chance to make it this morning. I LOVE eggnog, but cannot drink it, as it gives me an upset stomach. Now I can get my "holiday fix" without the upset tummy:) Enjoy!

Preheat oven to 350. In large mixing bowl, combine:

1 box yellow cake mix
1 package instant vanilla pudding mix (4 serving size)
3/4 cup of commercial eggnog
3/4 cup of cooking oil

Mix these items together on low speed of electric mixer until moistened. Then add:

4 eggs
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

Beat at medium high speed for about 4 minutes. Pour batter into a well greased and floured bundt cake pan. Bake for about 45 minutes.

After cake is cooled for about 10 minutes, remove from pan to allow it to cool completely. You can dust it with powdered sugar, or drizzle a glaze over it. I made my glaze with 2 Tbsp eggnog and 1/2 cup powdered sugar.


Anna says they also make wonderful cupcakes:)

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious!! I really like eggnog, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you:) It was good, especially still a little warm, with a cup of hot coffee:) The icing made it a bit sweet for my taste. I think next time I will definitely just do a light sprinkle of the confectionery sugar instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Stephanie. I'm glad you got to enjoy it with a hot cup of coffee. xox

    ReplyDelete

Followers