December 10, 2010

This is on my mind....


We had our coldest night last night, so far this week. About 8 degrees (F). My "baby" won't start today. I should have put dry gas in it yesterday, but didn't. I have since put it in, but she is still reluctant to start.

I wouldn't stress about it much, as I have my Neon to drive still, but I promised my mother she could use the Neon because her car isn't running at the moment. But I can't be without a car either. Thankfully my brother will be coming over after he runs an errand today, to see if he can get it running.

Also keep him in prayer please, he is going for a job interview on Tuesday, and really needs/wants to get back to work.

Shalom!

I am linking up to This is on my mind photo feature organized by Rhonda Jean on her Down to Earth blogspot

9 comments:

  1. Ah, I know how it is with a car that doesn't start. The transmission in my jeep stopped working and we had to tow it home..
    I hope you get it to start soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Jo:( Sorry to hear that, I know how much you love that Jeep. Hope it is able to be fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get it running again properly. I coulnd't function properly without a car as I live in the middle of nowhere. I've often wondered how I'd get on if the oil runs out - might be learning to drive a horse and cart real quick! And here in NZ it's getting really hot, it's always interesting for me reading blogs on the other side of the world where it's getting really cold - keep warm, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ms. Lottie:) We did finally get it going but it took some brake cleaner sprayed into the throttle switch. I will be making sure to put dry gas in it at each fill up from now on:).
    I love reading blogs from your side of the world too! Hope you can stay cool and comfy in the heat:) Thank you for coming to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. G'day Stephanie, Kimmie from Australia here. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope your car is
    ok. You have a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Stephanie,

    8 deg F ... oh, that is so cold! No wonder the cars act up, I would too ;-)

    It was interesting to read that you homeschool. That must be a real challenge at times, but I can imagine there'd be many rewards as well.

    Thank you for visiting my blog. Cheerio :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kimmie, thank you!!:) Glad you could stop by my blog as well:) And yes, the car is fine now:)

    Susan, yes very cold...suppose to get colder next week:( Will make sure I have dry gas on hand this time lol.

    I love homeschooling! At one time I was homeschooling all my children, but now just the youngest who just turned 13. It can be challenging, but it is so worth it! Thank you for stopping by my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear that. I remember when we lived in Buffalo we had to put dry gas in as well. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Shawnee:) We did get it going later that day. This truck is much different than my car, so will have to remember to keep dry gas in it at all times:)

    ReplyDelete

Followers