January 21, 2011

This Is On My Mind


This always makes me smile. My 15 year old son, using YouTube videos to learn new music (new keyboard thanks to Dad as Christmas present!). He is self taught, cannot read music, but plays the most beautiful and intricate pieces. He learns by ear and by sight. What a blessing! He has been playing without formal instruction since he was about 5.

This is a Friday photo feature that anyone with a blog can join. It opens the door to us sharing our lives with these photos and gives us all a new way to discover each other, and maybe form new friendships. Your photo should show something at home that you're thinking about TODAY. To join, visit Rhonda at Down To Earth, and add your link after you post your "This is on my mind" on your own blog.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, the talent that God wroughts into them is just simply amazing, isn't it? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful how much we can learn from You Tube. I think learning without formal instruction is a great way to use your own creativity and imagination. I'll bet it sounds wonderful when he plays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, my mother studied piano at the conservatorium in sydney and played solo at many concerts. She learnt to play by ear, listening to people sing, just like your son is doing. I think it's a great thing. Music can transform you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies!!:) It is a blessing for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Followers