February 6, 2011

Winter

Yep, no shortage of snow here in the Northeast. Frankly, like most everyone else, I am very ready for spring!! Thought I would share a few pictures from the last few storms....

This was on January 12th, we got about 18-20".
And this is after our storm on February 2nd, where we got 12 more inches. That snow bank is created from my brother plowing for me. It now measures about 20 feet wide at the base, and about 15 feet high.

And this is after last night's storm. We didn't get much in the way of snow, only a few inches. Most of it got washed away when the rain came in, but then it turned to an icy mix, making for quite the mess this morning. Thankfully we don't have to go out anywhere until later this afternoon, so the roads should be cleared by then.

It has been a busy time since Christmas, spending lots of our free time cleaning up from all the storms. Constantly having to clean out the mailbox after each one, keeping the roof clear so we don't have issues with that, and just general snow exhaustion. The good thing is that it bodes well for this summer....plenty of snow now means good water supply this spring and summer.

On the job front, I thought I would have started the new job by now, but between the storm last week, and waiting for the corporate office to do my background check, I haven't. Should be starting Tuesday, as I finally go for my drug screening Monday morning. I cannot wait!! I am nervous, but also very excited.

Tom has been back in public school for a week, and so far so good. He is enjoying it, and doing well. I am going to have him tested though, to see if there are any specific areas causing him the issues he is having in math and writing. Not crazy about him having to have an IEP, but if that is what is necessary to target his weak spots in those subjects, that is what I will do. Anything to help my children excel is a good thing.

Stay safe, stay warm, and have a fabulous week!
Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers