July 4, 2011

Sunday Scribbles

I have done this post once before, and keep meaning to do it weekly, but life seems to get away from me lately. Mama Tea, over at A Farmish Kind Of Life, does a weekly post called Sunday Scribbles. Here is her description:

"Sundays at this farmish place are reserved for Scribbles - short, random musings that collect while my mind has time to wander on this day of (supposed) rest. Enjoy, and feel free to add your own in the comments."

So without out further ado.....here are my Sunday Scribbles:

1. Shhhhh...I know it's actually Monday, July 4th, but yesterday was a rough one, mentally, so I figure since I got up at 4am this morning, I could technically get away with still calling it Sunday Scribbles.

2. Spending way too many hours in the practice mode for our new software conversion at work. We go live in one week. Hoping beyond hope that things settle down once we do (I am sure they will).

3. Had dinner at Mom and Dad's yesterday. Burgers and hot dogs on the grill, salad and fresh veggies. Yum! Got to hang with both my brothers too.

4. Dad being the smart alex that he is...asked me "Do you want to see what real tomato plants look like?". His are about 2 feet tall. But he cheated too, he bought plants from the local nursery. I started mine from seed and they are about 8 inches now.

5. This summer has not been ideal for the garden. I have decided that I will be doing early planting next year, and doing a hoop house, no matter what. I figure too, if we have another spring/summer with too much rain, having a hoop house will help keep the temps up and the rain out.

6. The green beans are flowering and the peas are going mad....that's something right? Forget that something ate the tops off all of my carrots.

7. Need to get back to practicing for the software.......

Have a fabulous and safe holiday with your families! So proud I live in the USA and have the ability to do the things I can. Yes, there are days where it seems like the country is going nuts....but deep down it is the people that make this country, and I am darn proud of the ones I know.

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I have a friend, Julie at http://herdinggrasshoppers.blogspot.com/ who does a Friday Brain Dump. Similar idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I will have to check it out:) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Followers