August 21, 2011

Sunday Scribbles-Facts are Facts

Sundays at this farmish place are reserved for Scribbles - short, random musings that collect while my mind has time to wander on this day of (supposed) rest. Enjoy, and feel free to add your own in the comments.-via Mama Tea at Farmish Kind of Life

-I like my job....well most of it.

-I dislike having to spend 90% of my time out of a 40+ hour work week, on the phone with customers. It's not that I don't like helping people, because that is a passion of mine. And 90% of the customers are fabulous to deal with....but I am finding I get more satisfaction from being able to finish a task....ie: computer work. Take a message for me with detailed explanation of what the customer wants, and I will do it...my ideal situation.

-I dislike the 45+ minute commute one way.

-I dislike spending 1/4 of my paycheck on gas to do said commute.

-I HATE (yes strong word, but applicable) what my time away from home is doing to my kiddos...hardly see them, lax attitude about chores, testing the boundaries, etc.

-I WANT/NEED to find a resolution....something I can do from home - will give me more time with the kids, something "behind the scenes with about 50% less time spent on customer service, and more time spent on actually accomplishing something, allowing enough freedom to really get busting on my plans for our own place.

-Doubt that this will be possible in my current position....but need to have at least 1/2 of this same income coming in to meet current obligations.

-NEED lots of prayer and hard work to make this happen.

4 comments:

  1. Well, hey! first of all, how have I never been to your blog before? and you're even over here doing Sunday Scribbles?? :)

    Secondly, I hope that you can find a resolution to the "job" issue. I'll be thinking on that one. Gotta keep Mama happy, because if Mama ain't happy... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mama Tea, you have been here before...I just changed the name of my blog:) Ised to be YHVH's Daughter. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, ok! Now I remember! Good to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Followers