August 28, 2011

Sunday Scribbles

Sundays at this farmish place are reserved for Scribbles - short, random musings that collect while my mind has time to wander on this day of (supposed) rest. Enjoy, and feel free to add your own in the comments- via Mama Tea at A Farmish Kind of Life

-Now Tropical Storm Irene, we are just starting to see the effects of the wind and rain, although we aren't in the bulk of it yet.

-I may be over prepared, with water stashed all over, flashlights, and such. But better over prepared than under prepared. One of the glaring differences between this storm, and say one in the winter....we wouldn't worry about storing water because there is always plenty of snow to melt for water needs. Not so in the summer.

-The power has flickered, and the power lines outside my bedroom window, that come to the house are dancing like mad, but so far the power is still on.

-My daughter is at work, down the street at our local grocery store...I hope they let her come home soon, as the storm ramps up for the next 9 hrs.

-The news is now stating the winds are down to 60mph, from 85 earlier this morning. Still darn strong when you are sitting and watching the trees around your house bend.

-I pray all my family and friends who have already been through it, are safe and sound.

2 comments:

  1. To my fellow Sunday Scribbler - stay safe and I hope the storm is over for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Made it through the bulk of it unharmed, now dealing with the heavy tail winds. Did lose power, but hopefully it will be back on in a day or two. Definitely glad for a gas stove where I can still cook on the top :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers