August 22, 2011

Uggg...The shoulder and the canoe

I am home from work today.....not by choice. Yesterday, while helping Joe load the canoe back on the truck after his jaunt on the lake, it slipped and hit my shoulder affected by the CRPS. Imagine being hit by a very large truck, and it might come close to how it feels.

It dropped me to my knees, but Joe was very grateful I didn't drop the canoe. So I am back to where I was 2 years ago....in a sling. I am going to try and get into the doctor today, and if that fails, will go to the new emergent care office. I have a feeling I might be down for the count for awhile, because the pain is over the top, and that means meds to ease the pain....and I am a light weight on meds, therefore pretty much non-functioning. Not good but not much I can do about it.

It still, after nearly 4 years with this disorder, amazes me how much our shoulder plays a part in how our body works.....even the simplest movements of the upper body involve the shoulder.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that you slipped and hurt your shoulder again...I hope you manage to get into a doctor ASAP...Thinking off you and keeping you in my prayers..

    ReplyDelete

Followers