September 10, 2011

Sunday Scribbles-Remembrance

-I watched the memorial dedication today for Flight 93, in Shanksville, PA. Such a moving ceremony. All made the focus of the ceremony where it should have been, on those amazing people, despite knowing they were going to die, who did what it took to save others by bringing that plane down when they did.

-I will be watching the ceremonies on tv tomorrow for both NY and DC. I don't do it for any other reason than to remember and honor those lost, and those who have fought since. We can never forget.

-My gratitude goes out to all the military that fight daily for our safety. This is especially close to home for me, as my brother went to the Middle East twice since 9/11/01. Thankfully, he came home safe. The same cannot be said for others. My prayers and thank you go out to their families.

-Regardless of what party lines you follow, tomorrow, and frankly every single day...should be spent making our country a better place. Yes we will have our differences, but ultimately we all want the same thing...for our country and our families to be safe.

May we never forget.


1 comment:

Followers