October 25, 2011

This and that

Thought I had better check in here, so you all didn't think I had fallen off the face of the earth...or gone into early hibernation lol. So what has been going on here?

-Tom and I are plugging away at his homeschooling. He is doing really good, despite our "down days" a few weeks ago, where we just didn't get to much in the way of school. We are gearing up too, to meet with two other families starting next month to do science together. We will meet once a week for a few hours.

-I still haven't gotten the garden put to bed yet for the winter. I need to get out there, it isn't going to get any warmer.

-Speaking of weather, I have a sinking feeling it isn't going to be a good winter. We have been chilly since the first week of October. Most days in the low 50's, but it feels colder because we can't seem to get rid of the wind. This weekend will be down around 40, for a high. I have a small ceramic electric heater that I have been running in the living rooom/dining room area to avoid needing to get gas for a few more weeks. It keeps it about 68-70, which isn't bad since it is so small. Unfortunately, Samantha's room is frigid, so she is sleeping in the living room lately. I need a gas delivery, and should be able to get one soon (thanks to fuel assistance). Part of me wishes the landlords didn't convert the wood burning fireplace for the gas insert....could get plenty of downed wood behind my parents. Oh well :) Planning to see if we can come up with another heater in the next week for Sam's room.

-Now that I am home, I have been doing a lot more baking....that is a good thing! No bread yet, but probably this week. Cheated and bought store bought :)

-I am working on a major online project to hopefully get our finances flowing soon, but I know it will be a long road. It won't happen over night. Because of that, I am also putting the word out locally that I am available to do some child care. That should help cover the basics, until the other idea takes off.

-I met someone, and actually had a date:) He is 9 years older than me. He seems really nice, but it's early days. The first time we went out, we met for coffee. The second time, I went to his place and he cooked me dinner while we watched a movie. Part of me is enjoying it immensely, and part of me wonders if I am too stuck in my own ways to be with anyone again. I get tired of dealing with life alone, but then, I have my doubts about sharing my life with someone again. One day at a time, that's how I will take it.

Ok, think that is about it:) Hope you are all doing good!

7 comments:

  1. One day at a time, that is always such a good way to go. At the very least, maybe you'll get a good friend out of the deal.

    Your're not the only one who hasn't put their garden to bed for the winter! Me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a must Leigh :) That one day at a time.

    LOL I guess I don't feel too badly about the garden, yours is a lot bigger than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day at a time indeed - that's the ONLY way it ever gets done. Sounds like you are busy! Here's hoping for good things for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mama Tea:) Keeping busy in the areas I can be productive helps keep my mind off those areas that I can't do anything about right now.

    Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't seem that you are one to dwell on the negative. You just get up off your rusty-duster and . . . bake, if you can't manage anything else!

    Did you ever notice if you're really down in the dumps mentally/emotionally (and sometimes even physically), you always feel better if you get really involved with something or make yourself go out (even for a short time) into a different environment? It's hard to do when you feel like pulling back inside yourself and not associating with anybody, but it just about always helps me if I make myself do it. (How did I get off on that tangent??)

    So what if nothing "romantic" develops with you and this guy? Maybe you'll just find a relationship where you have a friend to go out and do things with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mama Pea (in regards to your 2nd comment)I am just slow on the uptake the last few days, no worries:)
    Nope, I try not to dwell on the bad stuff too long, doesn't help. My parents raised me to be a "up by your bootstraps" kinda gal. Some days are easier than others :)
    You are right about getting involved in something, sometimes it's just the ticket to help take the load off! :)
    As for the guy, we will see how it goes, he and I have talked and he has narrowed the calls down to 1 a day, sometimes every other day:) We are going to do another date on Saturday and see how things go:).

    ReplyDelete

Followers