November 23, 2011

Snow and Thanksgiving

This is the view outside my front door this morning. We were originally predicted to get 4-8", but as always, overnight they upped that to 8-12". It is actually a mix of snow and freezing stuff. Not fun, but what can you do. It should be out of here before afternoon.

We are doing Thanksgiving today instead of tomorrow. This was a request from my 19 year old daughter. She got a temporary job at a Kohl's store, and will be working midnight Thursday through noon time on Friday. To save on driving and because the roads may still be nasty tomorrow, she will be going down to Portsmouth tomorrow morning with her aunt, and hanging out at the hotel she works at. She would have missed Thanksgiving. So we are doing it a day early. Not a big deal, it's just the kids and I.

I have had some blessings this week that really lifted my spirits. I did my fuel assistance appointment and am all set on that front for the winter. I am going to be switching gas companies in the next few weeks, so we will not have the issues that have been happening with my former employer or the woman that works there. That is a huge relief off my mind.

I also am extremely grateful to my landlords. I some how messed up my checking account this month. I don't do it often, but when I do, I do a good job of it...sigh. My rent check bounced. I was able to get a bank check and put it into the mail to them as soon as I found out, but had to pull from December's rent money to do it. They are being very gracious, and letting me send December's rent late. I will be late with January's too, but with taxes in February, I will be able to get caught up. Thank goodness they are understanding!!

I have been doing a lot of reading online lately...so many things that interest me. Crocheting, homesteading, crafts, news, I am a bit of a chaotic mind when it comes to interests. I just have very little energy lately. After talking to a few friends, I am going to schedule an appointment with my doctor to get my thyroid checked. Between the constant tiredness, and always being cold if the temp is below 75...it's time to check it again. I had the test done last year and it came back in the normal range, but a friend pointed out that if they don't specifically check the T3 and T4 levels, it can still come back in the normal range, even if these two things are off.

I think we are finally over the cold cooties, for the most part. I have had a sore throat on and off, but nothing major. All three kids had it, but fought the good fight, and it's gone:)

I hope you all have an amazing Thanksgiving with your families, and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers