December 3, 2011

Git'er Done!!

It's official....I WILL GET SOMETHING DONE TODAY! Late Thursday, and then again yesterday morning (I split us up), we made the trek down the hill to the doc...yep, he is just down the hill from my house, how cool right?! After two appointments we are now officially all on antibiotics. With any luck it will blow this stuff out of us for good.

I also earned myself a good dose of blood letting. I have had a sore spot on my tummy, just under my rib cage for about a month now. No idea what it is...at first I thought it was just a pulled muscle, but had no idea how I might have gotten it. Well doc shoved his finger tips in and out, working the area, and thus making it more sore. So he ordered blood testing, and if that doesn't show anything, then a few more tests will be done. Nothing worrisome, just something making me go "hmmm". I felt so bad for the poor MA though. My body wasn't giving up blood willingly at 9am, with only 1/2 a cup of coffee in me. The poor lady had to try 3 different spots, just to get 3 vials of blood. Pretty sad when she sticks you, the blood won't run, and when she pulls the needle out, you don't even need a band aid because there is nothing there. She did good though, no bruising this morning. :)

Today is going to be a day of getting stuff done, no matter my mood, or energy level. I am just sick and tired of feeling...well...sick and tired. I need to feel that sense of accomplishment. I need to know that I did something other than sit on my tookus, watching movies on Netflix and knitting or crocheting. I may need a nap later, but that's ok, at least I will have gotten more than the bare minimum done to survive.

None of what I am doing is earth shattering, mostly cleaning up the house (that looks like WW3 happened in it), but that is huge. I have barely spent any time lately in the living room or dining room, preferring to hibernate in my bedroom with the laptop. And it shows....the kids have trashed both rooms. And to thank them for that, both boys will be helping me clean and rearrange:) Their sister will get in on the act when she gets home sometime this morning.

And just for some fun and yumminess....check out these adorable stockings I found online this morning:


Aren't they just too cute!!! You can find the tutorial to make these little Christmas socks here.

Hope you all have a great day :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh Good Lord, those socks are adorable and I think its next on my list to make. (I'll try not to get distracted by the french directions!)

    Hope you feel better soon. There is nothing worse than feeling sick and tired all the time. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one determined lady! Hopefully the antibiotics will knock it out quickly and you're energy level will pick up soon. It's no fun being sick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't they! I fell in love with them the minute I saw them on Pinterest :)
    Praying for you on the new house Mama Tea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sick but am sure lacking in ambition this morning. (It IS still morning, isn't it?) I know Sunday is suppose to be a day or rest, but I've got a list of "catch up" things I really want to get done today.

    Okay, enuf grousing. I'm grateful I'm not fighting germs like you are, and hope your whole family can knock them out pronto. Not a good time of year to be down and draggin'.

    I'm hoping my daughter (Chicken Mama) sees these little stockings. She's the crochet maven in the family and could make them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mama Pea, don't feel bad, I really have to dig deep into the "will power" deposit to get the energy to get stuff done...but get it done I will:)
    I commented on Chicken Mama's most recent post on her blog, so maybe she will see them. :)
    Hope you have a great Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers