December 29, 2011

Suprise Email

Christmas Eve, just like every other day, I checked my email before I went to bed. I got a surprise email from Sir Jack, wishing me a Merry Christmas. For those who don't know, Sir Jack is a gentleman that I dated for about 8 months last year. I use the word "dated" loosely.

Sir Jack had an issue with wanting a relationship, but didn't have time for one. Back in February I called it all off, due to the fact that I was playing 2nd and 3rd fiddle to everything else in his life. I was lucky if I saw him for 2 hours each month. So I was very surprised to get his email.

I wished him and his boys a Merry Christmas. Then another email...saying he missed me. I of course asked the inevitable question: "Are you still as busy as ever?" He wrote me back and let me know that he retired from his job at the university in September. He is still working a part time job, mostly I would guess, to keep himself busy. He is not one to sit still for long, much like myself. The difference being that I keep busy at home.

He has asked me if we could pick up where we left off, and see if we can't build a strong relationship. I am hesitant on one hand, because of how things went last time. But he reassures me that he sees where his mistakes were made before, putting me last all the time. I am not asking to be #1 in his life, that honor goes to his sons (who are both fairly young), but if you want a relationship with me, you have to be willing to be available.

His part time work is for his own security business, and he is currently doing a big job over an hour away for 3 weeks. We will get together after the that job is done, and take it one day at a time.

I would love nothing better than to have a friend and partner, someone to share life's ups and downs. Someone to support and cheer on, and receive the same in return. Whether it happens or not....time will tell.

I told him in the email, and we will talk about it more in person, that I want someone who wants to be in my life on a daily basis. Me, my kids, all of it. It needs to be an honest attempt to be part of my life, and me part of his. It can't be just a once in awhile thing, that's not who I am.

Like I said, time will tell what comes of it. I hope it works out. It gets lonely, alot, being on my own. But I also won't compromise who I am, to not be alone. I will compromise, give and take, to build a relationship...that is needed if you are going to be a couple. Both need to give and take. I will not be the 100% giver though.


6 comments:

  1. Good for you!
    Sounds like you know what you want and will stick to your guns.
    The great thing about relationships---after a parting-is one usually knows what one WON'T put up with. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sue:) It is so hard, at my age, to get into a relationship. My kids are getting older, and will be on their own soon, but they will always be a huge part of my life. That is something that Sir Jack, or any other man, will have to learn. We seem to be the odd ducks these days, as so many people I know, family is not as important. It is everything to me. So if someone wants to be part of my life, that is part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a wise, wise lady. With your standards and values, you're gonna do just fine!

    I have a feeling that you will know very quickly if Sir Jack has changed his stripes once you start seeing him again. If he has, WA-hoo!, who knows where it may lead. If he hasn't, don't waste any of your time fiddle-faddling around! That would just keep you out of circulation for the possibility of meeting Mr. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thanks Mama Pea:) Sometimes I think I am being too unreasonable, and other times I know in my heart of hearts, that what I am asking is more than reasonable. Like I said, time will tell:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow ,I can't imagine being in your predicament and I don't want to be!You can never be too old too smart or too lucky for love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are right about the last part Judy, but we will take it one day at a time and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete

Followers