January 6, 2012

Listening To Your Body

I had great intentions to get a lot done today. I need to make several trips to the dump, to get rid of junk from the garage, and the stuff I have been getting rid of in my decluttering mania.

My body has other ideas. It feels very tired today. Don't know if the weather is playing a part, as we are getting some snow (an inch or less), but it's a gray dreary day out. I have been fighting a bit of a head cold for over a month now as well.

So, I have decided to just take it easy today, and listen to my body. I have been waking up multiple times at night lately, which is something I never did much before. I go right back to sleep, but I am sure it isn't helping my body if I am not sleeping soundly. Some of this I can credit the bad shoulder for, because if I lay just the wrong way, it is painful, waking me up. But I also think my brain is in hyper over drive while I am sleeping.

I have a really good free book on my Kindle app, on the phone, that I am in the middle of reading, and some good blogs I want to check out online. I am thinking that maybe curling up on the couch with some hot coffee in hand would be a good idea today. Take a break from the mental and physical "to do" lists, and just rest. Let my mind and body recharge.

Have you been listening to your body lately? What is it telling you? Are you running yourself ragged, physically, emotionally, mentally?


2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. Our bodies are very eloquent in telling us what they need. This time of year tends to slow us down (or at least, it slows me down) and I think that's for a good reason - I'd keep up my ridiculous pace until I dropped. Hope you got to enjoy your day. There's nothing so cozy as to curl up with a book and a hot cuppa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you and me both Susan! I would just keep pushing and pushing till I got really sick. I was glad to take the day off, although I will admit to some guilt about it. Why that is, I don't know.

    ReplyDelete

Followers