February 15, 2012

Hump Day

It's Wednesday, in case you didn't know.  I woke up 10 minutes late this morning, but it still left enough time for the 16yo to get ready for school and get out the door in time.  My body wants to go back to bed for another couple hours.

Last Friday the UPS man showed up about noon, bringing our second laptop, and the pressure cooker.  I haven't even taken the pressure cooker out of the box yet.  My 16yo, after looking at the picture on the box, said "It looks like something NASA designed".  LOL!  I can't believe how heavy it is.  I will definitely need his muscles when it comes to using it.

I made a small boo boo when I was in Staples last week, picking out the laptops.  I forgot to get a case of paper.  This is my yearly thing.  A case of paper will meet all our needs for homeschooling (I print most things we need for free online), saving and printing recipes, crochet patterns, and other various stuff.  I had been busy printing stuff for my prep binder and realized I was awfully low on paper yesterday.  So a trip to the store is in order today.

I might be going to NC to visit soon.  I am hoping to go the end of this month, while my 16yo is on school vacation, but am waiting to hear back from my Aunt if that week works for her.  I have never flown in my life, so that has me a bit nervous.  But, I have to find out, for my own well being, if it is what I have built it up to be in my own mind.  My dreams of milder temps, easier time of things in the winter months....I need to know if that is something I dreamed up or it is real. I also want to take a look at a place down there that my aunt told me about.  I know....I said I was staying put.  But she has peaked my curiosity.  It is an older place, built around 1948, and much of the home is original...meaning it needs work.  But, it sits on 4 acres of land, and she fell in love with it while looking at places for a gentleman friend of hers.  She immediately thought of me.  And the price is unbelievable, at $300/mo to rent.  My only concern would be if the gentleman that owns it, if I were to take it and make improvements to it, would sell the place out from under me.  It's not the first time this has happened to someone and is a real concern.  I would prefer to pay an extra $100/mo. as part of an owner financed deal to buy it.  All this is just guessing, possibilities, at this point.  I haven't even seen it or talked to the owner yet.  But if it is as good as my Aunt says, it would be a huge thing.

The kitten is making his presence known every day.  Boy he is exhausting!  He hasn't realized that I am not a morning person yet, so annoys me to no end the second I get up in the morning. He is also driving our older cat, Mika, absolutely batty.  Thankfully this week is warming up a bit (mid 40's), because she is wanting to spend more time outside, away from him chasing and attacking her.  She is continually trying to put him in his place, growling at him, and swatting him to tell him to behave.  And just when I think they will never get along, I see this:

 He started out on the back of the couch, but slowly worked his way down, to lay next to her.  She slept with one eye open, watching his every move.  I doubt they will ever be best friends, but maybe in time she will tolerate him.


At the moment I want to strangle him.  Twice I have tried to post this, and twice he has climbed up into my lap, onto the desk, and walked all over the laptop, causing the post to save midpoint and shut the window.  This is nothing new.  He seems to think that my laptop is his toy.  Ahhh, youth.


Hope you all have a great day!

14 comments:

  1. that was a lot of excitement for 1 post. I'm so nerdy ,didn't know you could print off stuff from a laptop. airplanes and me ---don't mix ,I'll let someone else comment so not to scare you to death,have fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have 3 tom cats. all less then 18 months old. Spoiled already. Spooky the oldest will tap me on the back of the head if I snore. Funny as hell. i roll over and pet him and go back to sleep.

    Home schooling is hard, Our 2 youngest are doing online schooling. Drives the wife nuts sometimes. Youngest daughter is smart, and like to get behind to piss the wife off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kitty picture is so cute!....what do you mean they don't get along :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a NC native. Was born and lived in the western mountains most of my life. The last 12 have me here in eastern NC with the heat and humidity and little if any snowfall. (I am a cold weather, snow lover. Have traveled and lived for short periods outside of NC but always come back home. NC has a little bit of everything for everyone. Hope you enjoy your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good deal. good luck on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Rob, your cats sound like this kitten. He insists on sleeping on my face half the time. I didn't find homeschooling hard with my other 2 kiddos, but this one, my 14yo, dislikes school so much, that I have some days I want to shake him :) But we get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Peggy:) I am sure I will. My aunt lives in a small town about an hour or so east of Raleigh. I am born and bred New England, but as I get older I really dislike the winters. I would love to have better weather for those months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy, yes it is just like a regular desktop computer, only smaller. As long as you have your printer hooked up (or in my case, a wireless printer installed), you can print anything you want. LOL on the plane situation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks John, time will tell if it is an option:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am curious to see that pressure cooker in action. I am thinking about getting one too... NASA designed...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marina, there are some amazing videos on YouTube you should check out. Definitely will give you an idea of what to expect. I got an All American canner, which is a bit different than others because it doesn't take gaskets. Definitely check some out, it will make you feel more comfortable about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such cute kitties! I have to say that my last two cats each felt it was very important to make sure I'm awakened by at least 5 a.m., preferably 3 or 4. Rascal just stood by the bed and meowed. Unfortunately he had a very annoying meow, even when he was trying to be sweet. Riley, stands on top of me, never says a word, but pokes me in the mouth. What a yukky way to wake up.

    You will love your canner! So many possibilities. Envision an overflowing pantry.

    I'll be curious as to what you think about NC. We lived there for about 9 years. A lovely state.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Leigh, yes that is a yuky way to wake up. Tig has an annoying cry too, and uses it often through the day...almost sounds like a whine, rather than a meow.

    Thank you, I am thinking of making homemade spaghetti sauce this weekend with all those tomatoes I put in the freezer from the garden, and then canning the sauce.

    I liked SC when I went there many years ago when the kids were little, but I think I would like NC better, as it would feel much more like home....being further north, the temps and such are less drastic.

    ReplyDelete

Followers