February 20, 2012

Thank You

I have to say thank you to all of my blogging friends.  You are amazing and your outpouring of support for my father and my family leaves me speechless.  There is a sense of family among bloggers, that you don't find in many places, even in real life.

My father goes for the scan on his chest (the area of his original cancer) today, that was scheduled for a month.  Once that is complete, the radiologist will read both reports (chest and head) and give my dad his options.  It will be a rough couple of days.

I am glad to say that my father is in excellent spirits.  My mother and I were talking yesterday, and we both believe he knew it was going on.  She has seen slight changes in him over the last couple months, and if she saw them, I am sure he recognized them as well.

Between the seizure on Saturday, and the medication they have him on, he is showing a bit of aphasia.  He knows the words he wants to say, but is a bit foggy when it actually comes to retrieving them.  So, we wait while he finds the words.  But he is joking with us all.

This coming Sunday is their anniversary.  47 years.  I will be cooking dinner and both my brother's and their families will be there so we can celebrate.  Nothing fancy.  Just family being together.  We all need it.

Again, thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.  They mean more than you can ever know.

6 comments:

  1. Bless your dad for being such a strong man. When something terrible like this happens to a person, the loving family around him suffers just as much. To have him keep his sense of humor and positive attitude has got to help your mom, you and your brothers so very much. The anniversary celebration you have planned for this weekend sounds like just the perfect way of celebrating for the family. With you cooking, the food will be yummy! Enjoy it and each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all the best!

    47 years....amazing. That generation certainly knew the importance of marriage. I hope they have many more.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will continue to be in my prayers. May this time together as family be precious and treasured; His love will surely abound.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend with a brain tumor would have a hard time creating the word she was trying to say. I think human language must take over a large part of our brain because most people with brain injuries seem to have this. I would say to my friend, "At least you have an excuse. What's my problem when I can't think of the word I'm trying to say?"

    I'll keep your father, your family and you in my thoughts while you go through this hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I imagine you are are a great moral support for your mom and your siblings. anything you need ,just say ,more prayer chains ,you got it . your right about one thing,blog families are one of a kind.I wish I had more time to keep with all of the ones I used too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Stephanie, I had to go back to catch up on what had been happening. How frightening for all of you. I know you all are very relieved and that your folks' anniversary celebration will be special indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Followers