February 4, 2012

The Weekend

Ahhh, Saturday:)  I got to sleep until 7:30, which feels great after getting up at 5am every day during the week.  I woke to the sun shining again (4 days in a row, which has been rare here lately).  It will be average in temp today, mid 30's, but I can handle it if the sun is shining.  Amazing what that big ball of light in the sky does to your soul.

I got to gallivant in the truck a bit yesterday afternoon, and found out some more cool things about it. Can I just say I am in heaven!?!  It has heated seats!!  Yeah I know, a luxury, but with temps that sometimes drop well below zero in the winter, I will take that luxury lol.  It runs really well, nice and smooth, but just to be proactive, I bought a bottle of fuel injection cleaner to throw in the gas tank, since I just filled it.  It can't hurt, and if there is any gunk built up, it should clean it out.

So, yet again, I am on my own for the weekend.  This is becoming a regular occurrence for me lately. Samantha is back at her boyfriend's, and the boys are with their dad this weekend.  Even when it's my weekend with the boys, now that they are getting older, more times than not, they are off at a friend's house, at least for part of the weekend.  It feels weird.  I thought I would have more time before the "empty nest" stuff hit me.  After all, Joe is only 16 and Tom 14.  It sort of snuck up on me, and I am not sure I completely like it.

So how will I be spending all my free time?  My first mission is to go to the dump.  I will take a full load with me, when I go the first trip, so I don't have to make more trips than necessary.   I need to get a dump sticker for the new vehicle, before they will let me unload.  But the guys that work at the dump are fabulous, and I know they won't give me a hard time, even though I should have taken the sticker off the old truck to turn in (but forgot to).

I am also going to be going on a vacuuming spree.  Not by choice :(.  We have a flea infestation....yuck!  I had given both cats baths this week and put flea medicine on them, and treated the rugs, but it didn't help.  The kitten, with his longer hair, is loaded again.  I have a friend who is going to let me know what the name of the stuff she used was, she said it worked first time.  I am going to vacuum all the rugs and furniture in the house, and dump the vacuum outside.  I will also put all the bedding in the dryer on high to kill anything on them.  If that doesn't work, I will be pulling up all the rugs and putting them outside for a few days.  With the exception of my daughter's room, all the rugs are ones that I put down on the hardwood floors, so can be put outside.  Her room has a regular carpet put in the by the landlords, so I may steam clean it if necessary.  I figure, if the little buggers are resistant to the flea stuff, then by putting them outside for a day or two, it will kill off any that are left.  Then I can vacuum them before bringing them in the house again.

Other than that, it will be the normal puttering around the house, and working on the afghan that I am being paid for.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!  (and GO PATS!)

11 comments:

  1. sounds like you have the week-end covered pretty well. Don't forget to do something just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, for the stuff you're planning to do this weekend, it sounds like being alone will work out just fine . . . and probably make the cleaning go easier and quicker. (Unless you had a few willing hands at home to help, of course, but that sometimes proves to be more hassle than help!)

    So glad you're still feeling very pleased and happy with the new truck. Vehicles can be such a headache so if this one gives you the security and reliability you need and deserve, score one for out side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL--I "skimmed" through this post at first and thought you were vacuuming your CATS before you brought them back in. I thought that odd, and reread that paragraph. Yes, rugs makes more sense. I think this flu-bug has affected me more than I realize.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be watching the Super Bowl John :) That is my "for me" thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far so good on the truck Mama Pea:) And yes, having the house to myself does make cleaning easier. At least I know it will stay clean for more than 5 minutes lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, Sue:) That would be quite the sight, vacuuming the cats. I think I have traumatized them enough with baths. Hope your flu bug clears up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I read your post...because that reminds me I need to check and see if it's time to give my dog another round of flea medication and her heart-worm med stuff. Oh, I'm glad you could sleep in. I tried doing that this morning...but my dog decided to snore...and it woke me up :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe, glad I could help Heather:) It was rare that I slept in, the cat usually wakes me up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heated seats! Woo hoo. We've been fortunate regarding fleas, I used something I get from Tractor Supply but would like to switch to natural based cedar oil product. I'm off to a Superbowl party, but I suspect they'll all be for the other guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never thought to check there Leigh, thanks! My team lost tonight, but I will survive:)

    ReplyDelete

Followers