March 26, 2012

Bleh

Not much really to report here.  It's been a bleh mood for the last few days.  Haven't done the housework like I planned, but spent most of the weekend hibernating.  Guess I needed the down time.

Dad is coming along in his recovery, and the visiting nurse expects he will be able to ditch the walker in about 2 weeks.  We go on the 2nd to see the surgeon for a re-check.  Not sure if they will take the staples out then or not.  He is curious as to how they plan to take 37 staples out of his scalp lol.

I need to get some gumption.  There is so much here to do.  I think the weather is playing a part in my mood too.  It was so gorgeous last week, and now we are back to normal temps (40's/20's).  What a tease that was.  I was hoping not to have to keep the heat on anymore, saving what I have left for gas to get me through until I move the end of June.  Doesn't look like that will happen.  May have to do at least a partial delivery before that.  Oh well.

I am making a running "to do" list of things I need to do to get ready for our move.  I will use that as my guide so I don't forget anything.  To homeschool in NC, I need my high school diploma/transcript, to prove I graduated high school.  Don't you know, in the major clean out a month or so ago, I finally ditched it in the trash.  Didn't think I would need it anymore.  So I have to get a hold of the high school and get a copy of that.  I am going to set up an accordion file system to keep track of all my important papers, so they don't get packed away where I can't find them.

Other than that, it will just be the usual puttering around here.  My goal today is to get the basic housework done, and then do some packing of my bedroom today.  We will make a dump run at lunch time, since I never got it done over the weekend.  Need to make space in the garage to put boxes that have been packed. 

On a good note, I did manage to find a buyer on Craigslist for my stand mixer.  I will be meeting her Friday. I paid $100 for it 2 years ago, and will be getting $50 for it.  Not a bad deal.  And it's one less electric appliance in my stash.  I want to get back to doing as much without electric as possible.  I still have the electric hand mixer for things like mashed potatoes, because I haven't found a hand masher that I like yet.  I do want to get a hand mixer like this one:





Hope you all have a great Monday.

4 comments:

  1. You're probably just feeling the emotional let-down after your dad's successful surgery. So much stress leading up to and through that and even into his recovery.

    Our weather has taken a dip down to normal again also. 23 degrees this morning when I got up. And we're to have this the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how the weather can have such an effect on our mood? Same thing here - we were warm and sunny the whole time everyone was sick here...and now that everyone is healthy finally, we are at 30s 40s and RAIN. YUCK! Hope things brighten up for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always amazes me how the down time after surgery can be so exhausting. I pray your energy will return soon..so glad to hear he is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what I would do without my to do lists! NC actually has some of the best homeschooling laws in the nation. It's a great place to homeschool your kids.

    ReplyDelete

Followers