March 27, 2012

I Got Something Done!

Yes, I am a bit giddy :)  I actually got something accomplished yesterday.  I did 4 loads of laundry and got it all folded (although I haven't put my clothes away yet...they still sit on the side of the bed I don't sleep on).  I also got dishes done, scrubbed the bathroom from top to bottom, and cleaned the oven.  Not too shabby for oversleeping yesterday and having zero energy.

I mentioned the energy thing to my daughter last night.  I have had my thyroid checked and it is within normal range supposedly.  So how come I get on average, 7 hours of sleep each night, over sleep at least once a week, and can take a 2 hour nap every day and still sleep at night.  Something isn't right.  I have been considering changing doctors for awhile, this might be a good time to do it.  I love Dr. B, he is a sweet heart and we have been going to him for nearly 18 years.  But he just seems to blow you off now.  And since he became affiliated with the hospital, his staff changes weekly, and they are very disorganized.  I will also be doing some research into natural options for thyroid issues and see what I find, and let you know what I try.

I am over the moon giddy also, about a product I found at Walmart this weekend.  We have some spots on the wood floors here at the rental, scratches caused by my kiddos.  Now in reality, I don't think it's a big deal, you have to expect some wear and tear when renting a home and people actually live in it on a daily basis.  But, I didn't want the landlords to come back next month and see these scratches (or some of the other dings).  Looking in the furniture polish/cleaning section of the cleaning aisle, I came across this:
 I haven't read the ingredients, but it seems to be a mix of a little bit of stain, with some wood oil.  Whatever it is, it makes the floor look fabulous!  I only needed a couple drops, and a dry rag (I used an old facecloth), and rubbed it in.  Hid the scratches and added a nice shine to the floor in that area.  The boys will be going to dad's this weekend, and my daughter is working all weekend, so I think I will be doing this to the entire dining and living room floors while they are gone.  I did have to shoo the kitten away from the area yesterday that I did, the dork tried licking it.  

I am going to be busy running again the rest of this week.  Found out from Mom yesterday that dad has a doctor's appointment Wednesday, Thursday, and next Monday.  We use my truck (SUV) because it is easier for him to get in and out of, and I have a "handle" on my dash that he can grab to help pull himself in.  I really am not looking forward to running, but want to help my parents.  So today will be spent getting more stuff done around the house, since it will be hit or miss the next few days with all that running.

I hope you all have a fabulous day!

4 comments:

  1. sound like you have ti do exactly what i do,slam all your chores into one day to bounce around appt. you know that old English product,I used to go with a sister to clean very wealthy clients homes,one lady only let us use that product on her 12 ft. cherry wood dining table,that was45 years ago or more ,its good stuff but I don't have anything nice enough to use it on,I'm searching for a comfy computer chair but not with wheels .beats my wooden one ,very unstructured with stickers all over it,hence ,I don't use "old English"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe your iron in your blood could be low?? Maybe too much sugars during the day?? Good Luck with the floor.keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying you find a good source of information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, maybe the Old English will class up those stickers lol

    ReplyDelete

Followers