March 11, 2012

Take No Prisoners...Again!

I got about 10 responses to my ad on Craigslist, for the free stacking washer/dryer that is sitting in the basement.  One got chosen over all the others though.  He has an appliance dolly, and is willing to help us get it out of the basement, so he wins :)  He will be coming tomorrow sometime (still working out the time), so that is perfect, gives me all of today to attack the garage more.  And you know I am not ashamed (much), to show you the chaos.

 I made quite a bit of progress in here yesterday, despite zero energy, and only being out there maybe 2 hours total.  We got rid of all the regular trash that was out there from the past 2 weeks (yes, I hate going to the dump, and am a super procrastinator).  The bags you see in the background, near the big door, are actually bags of junk that I pulled out of boxes and bags and got in one location.  They will be going to the dump today.  I need to recoil the garden hose, and get my "outdoor tool holder" (ie: blue trash can lol), sorted and get everything that is supposed to be in there, actually in there.  The boxes and such on the right are empty, and will be used for packing things we will actually be keeping.  Joe's handmade canoe is now sitting outside behind the house, covered with a tarp to protect it from the weather.  I need him to get the air out of the smaller raft, so that we can put it and all the paraphernalia into a tote or box.  I will keep it accessible for him for now, but it needs to be out of my way.

Since I am not doing a garden this year, my mother is taking my tomato cages, and 2 bags of mulch that I have.  She will be able to put them to good use, and I don't have to keep moving them from one side of the garage to the other.

 This is looking back from the other side of the garage (near the big doors).  Yes that is two couches on end in the back, along with 2 end tables, a desk and a giant fish tank.  All will be going bye bye over the next day or so.  The fish tank will be going to the dump, and set in the spot where people can take things if they want.  Someone will find a use for it.  All but the neon green couch will go out on the front lawn with a free sign on them, and I will post a curb alert on Craigslist as well.  It is going to be nice all week (slight chance of showers Tuesday), so I think they will be fine out there.  The green couch, not sure how to get rid of that yet.  Might have to cut it up, it weighs a ton.  Really don't want to have to pay the dump $40 to get rid of it, but we will see.

That will leave me enough room on that side of the garage to slide the freezer over, away from the doorway going to the basement.  It sticks out just enough to be in the way, so when we try to bring the washer/dryer up tomorrow, it will be in the way.  We also will need to take the door off going to the basement to get it out.  So much to do, but I am energized today.  The sun is shining, it will be near 50 out, and it will keep me busy.

And here is the afghan I finished, that I promised to post a picture of:

It measures about 5ft by 3ft. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a good way to take photos of it, but you get the idea.  It takes up one half of my queen size bed, so perfect for snuggling on the couch to watch a movie :).

Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. You impress me with your initiative in getting the garage (and every place else!) cleaned out and ship-shaped up. You are a woman with a plan!

    The afghan is lovely. Good colors for a snuggle-on-the-couch afghan. I hope your customer appreciates your talent.

    Now go put those two big boys of yours to work and move those mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I have a lot of initiative Mama Pea, but not much gumption. I am determined to get it done today, no matter what! Even if it means a few pots of coffee to keep me going lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. here here mama pea,she took my words ,you DO do a awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Stephanie! The afghan is beautiful!
    You're doing great sorting out the garage and getting rid off things. I know how it is, we did the same last year before we left Texas for California. I wish I lived closer so that I could have given you a hand with some of the work..

    Hugs

    P.s I read your post about your trip, your aunt and cousins seem great. Good luck with finding something affordable down there..Sorry to hear that the guy couldn't hold on to the house..

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jo!:) Wished you lived closer too, but I think we would be enjoying a nice chat rather than working lol.

    ReplyDelete

Followers