March 21, 2012

This and That

Well, I was hoping for a nice quiet day at home, after I pick my 14yo up at his grandmother's (he has been staying with her while Dad is in the hospital)...but it doesn't look like that will happen.  My brother asked me to run an errand for him, that will put me on the road a good chunk of the day.  Oh well.

Dad is home.  We brought him home early yesterday afternoon.  We did get to see his incision when the doctor changed his dressing before we left the hospital.  It doesn't look too bad, and when his hair comes back, he will only have a line about 1/4" that might be visible as a scar.  He didn't have my brother cut his hair before the surgery, so he does look a little funny at the moment.  His hair is a bit long and very curly all over his head, except where they shaved it, from the forehead back almost to the crown on one side.  The funniest part is they went all the way down to just above his ear, but left his sideburn.

He is obviously tired.  We live 45 minutes from the hospital, so it was a bit much for him, getting home.  He is also beyond cranky on and off.  He snapped at me last night.  I know it is because of how he feels, and the tumor et. al.  But I had to walk away.  I have been trying to be strong for him and mom, helping where ever I can, but I lost it a bit with that, and headed straight home.  My mom called me a little bit later to make sure I was ok, and reminded me not to take it too personally.  I know what it is, why he does it, but I guess I just finally needed a good cry.  

On another note........Did you ever get an animal member added to your family only to realize it may not be a good fit?  That is the predicament that I am in with Tig, the kitten.  No matter how much our older cat kicks his fanny, he will not leave her alone.  I will not let him bully her.  The poor thing has been spending most of her time outside, trying to avoid him completely.  But she shouldn't have to.  At the moment, he is in the boy's bedroom, with the door closed.  I think I might leave him in there for the day, maybe try and teach him to behave.  She was here first and he needs to learn to respect his elders.

Besides driving her nuts, he is just the most annoying cat I have ever owned.  He never shuts up.  Constant meowing if he things you should be paying attention to him and you are not.  I have to close my bedroom door when I am not home, because he steals anything that isn't nailed down off my desk (pens, Smarties candies, papers, etc).  He knows the word "no" well, but it doesn't slow him down any.  I know he is a kitten, and active as all get out, but geez louise!!!  You know how people crate train dogs?  I am seriously thinking of doing that to him lol.  

The weather here has been beyond unusual, hitting the low 80's yesterday, and will be the same today and tomorrow.  I am not complaining!!  I probably will be by Sunday though, when we drop 40 degrees, back to more normal temps for the beginning of next week.  I still have my major "to-do" list to work on this weekend and next week.  Hoping things settle down so I can.  I expect an email any day from the landlords, saying they will be coming back up from FL soon, for the summer.  I have a lot I want to get done before then, so I can concentrate on packing some stuff up for our future move.

Hope you all have a fabulous day!

5 comments:

  1. It seems as though anyone who goes through a trauma (medical or otherwise) and comes out on the "good" side has to go through a period of behavior that isn't the easiest for those around them to handle. You probably made the best choice by leaving your folks' home when you did!

    I know you'd just as soon be healthy and able to hold down a full-time job, but, my gosh, you certainly have a lot to handle on a day-to-day basis so it's fortunate you're home to do that work! (I get so frustrated every time I hear a woman says she doesn't "work" but is just home all day!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think it was the right choice Mama Pea, to just go home. He was adamant with my mother today, that he had to apologize to me. I told him not to worry about it, we are all up his "butt" driving him nuts, trying to make sure all his needs are met.

    I get frustrated with those who say that too. Yes, I have my "off" day where I don't get as much done, but it is usually due to my shoulder, or being sick. There is always a list a mile long to get to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, darlin! You have a lot to deal with these days. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!

    Love you~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Laura:) Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'M SENDING YOU A BIG HUG,YOU NEED A FEW.DAD WILL BE BACK TO HIS SELF IN NO TIME AND THAN YOU CAN SNAP RIGHT BACK AT HIM IN A KIDDING WAY OF COARSE,IF YOU HAVE THAT SORT OF RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM. YOU GOT THE 80'S NOW ,WE HAD THEM LAST WEEK AND I WAS NOT READY FOR THEM

    ReplyDelete

Followers