March 15, 2012

What a week

It's official....I am wiped out.  I overslept both Monday and today, making things a bit chaotic.  Guess it's back to putting the alarm clock across the room so that I can't shut it off and doze back to sleep.

Yesterday I felt so exhausted, I didn't do a darn thing.  Never even got out of my jammies.  I spent the day watching a mini-series on Netflix, and crocheting.  I am assuming it is all that has been going on, catching up with me.  I have been on the go since I got back from my trip.  I think the emotional stuff is starting to catch up with me too.

Tomorrow is the big day for dad.  We have to be at the hospital for 6am, which means getting up at like 2:30am.  I need to have a good supply of coffee in me  before we leave at 5am to head down.  Everyone is nervous, but also a sense of relief, that it is finally here.  It is going to be a long day, and I am sure we will all be exhausted by the time it is over.  We don't know how long he will be in surgery, but a minimum of a couple hours is what we are planning on.  I will have my phone on me, which has games, books, etc. on it.  I will also bring my crocheting so that I have something to do.

Today will be spent doing a bit around the house, and dropping my younger son at his grandmother's for the weekend.  She has graciously agreed to keep him with her so that I can be 100% available for my mom this weekend.

Please keep my dad in prayers as he has the surgery to remove the tumor tomorrow.  Thank you

6 comments:

  1. Stress will knock you on your backside. I slept a lot yesterday and I still feel beat up. You have been running on a life high, with all your planning and cleaning up. Don't worry about your dad, he is in Gods hands and so is the Dr's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do. I pray everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still praying for you and your dad.it will certainly be a stressful day for all of you.we just this morning heard that our good friends 6 month old baby has cancer and they are gonna treat it very aggressively. they found out yesterday,surgery today,chemo tonight-hope and pray everything goes well for the poor little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have lots of people out here in Blogland sending out prayers for your dad, you and your mom and other family members. Twenty-four hours from now, I'm hoping things will all be looking much, much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I read this reminder about the surgery date. Know that I am praying here! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will continue to keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Followers