March 6, 2012

Whew....Home

Well, I made it home unscathed late last night.  My flight home wasn't as smooth as going down, due to the ridiculous layout of Reagan airport in DC, but it all worked out and I got to NH at 11:30, and home at about 1:00 am.

I had a hard time going to sleep last night, I think because I was over tired.  I finally fell asleep about 3:30, and got up at 6:00 am.  I had to take my parents to the doctor's today for my dad's tumor.  The update on that is the surgery will be next Friday, the 16th.  The prognosis is amazing.  The doctor feels they can get the tumor without causing any permanent damage to the brain area around it, since it is not entangled with the brain at all.  There will obviously be swelling and irritation, that will subside in a few weeks.  But he is extremely confident that once that goes away, my father's speech and right side will be pretty much back to normal.  That is a huge relief for him.  It is so hard to watch him get frustrated because he can't find the right words, even though he knows them.  So, for now, it's a waiting game, until next Friday.  We are praying it will go by fast.

I am completely exhausted tonight, so will do a full update on NC tomorrow or the day after, once I get a decent night's sleep.  Keep up the prayers for my dad please.

Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Good to know you're home safe and sound. Don't stress yourself trying to get caught up on the blog. You have more important things on your mind right now. Keeping your dad, you and all the rest of your family in our thoughts and prayers. Sleep well tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! Good news about your dad and will keep prayers going up for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news for your Dad....prayers going up.

    ReplyDelete

Followers