May 31, 2012

Ahhh, Progress

Progress can seem elusive sometimes.  You feel like you got a lot done, but when you look around you, sometimes it doesn't feel like it.

Yesterday, despite my complete lack of energy, Tom and I tackled his half of the bedroom.  I am happy to report that we got all of his stuff packed, minus his clothes that he needs right now.  I also am happy to report that he was a trooper and gave up some old (5+ yrs old) Lego magazines.  But I caved and let him keep his dinosaur collection.  He did give up his larger stuffed animals (a 3ft dinosaur is just one of them), and decided to give them to his niece Hannah.

All totaled, he has 3 boxes, and 2 bags.  A job well done I would say!

That tall box you see, with the black metal thing against it, is my creative attempt at a homemade box for Joe's keyboard.  I kick myself in the patootey for throwing the original box away, over a year ago, but ya' know, at the time it was just another thing that was in the way.  So I made a box for it, and just folded the stand and taped it so it doesn't open.

I won't get much done around here, as I have to take Tom to the doctor for an ingrown toenail procedure, and then take my mom up north to get her license renewed.  Then it's back here to meet my daughter, hopefully get her "new to her" car today, and help her get set up with a storage unit at the place down the road.  Busy, busy, busy.  But progress is being made, even if I can't see it.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Closer, closer, closer! You're getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True confession here. On the one hand I'm really excited for you. On the other, I'm glad it's you packing to move and not me, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I wish it wasn't me either Leigh! Can we say "controlled chaos"?

      Delete

Followers