May 15, 2012

Ahhhh

It was a slow start to the day, with the rain, and low energy.  But I started....only to be stopped in my tracks. I was sorting through boxes of books, to pack up what I want to donate to the library, and I got a phone call.  Would I come take my mom and dad to his oncology appointment?  Of course :)  Can't say no.

So, 3 1/2 hours later I got back, and now I have even less energy.  I asked where my brother was, and my mom informed me that he went to find blades and some other stuff for the riding lawnmower.  I know she wanted it fixed, but seriously, it could have waited.  When we got back from the appointment, he was sitting in the garage, on the riding lawnmower, drinking a beer and playing on his phone.  Sigh....so will not miss this part of my life when I go to NC.

A bit of a computer update: Thankfully the computer is still covered under the protection plan that I bought when I bought the computer.  Had it happened in November of this year, I would be out of luck.  It is the hard drive, so I am waiting for UPS to drop off a box (all shipping paid) so that I can send my computer into where it needs to be fixed.  It will take them up to 10 business days.  Praying it doesn't but if it does, I will deal :)

I have been using my son's computer here and there until I can get mine fixed.  But it has put a lot of research and other projects on hold until I get that back.  I have the items on my external hard drive, but it's a pain to deal with them from there.  So they will wait 10 days lol.

I am excited that after tomorrow we are supposed to have amazing weather for at least a week.  Sun, and lots of it, with temps in the 70's.  It makes me itching to plant something, but that isn't happening this year.  I will be content to open windows and get my dose of Vitamin D.

Hope you all are having a good week.

2 comments:

  1. THAT SO REMINDS ME OF MY DAILY LIFE AND WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE TO ESCAPE- I WILL BE FOLLOWING YOU IN SPIRIT TO NORTH CAROLINA,OK ,EVERYONE SING "SOUTH TO CAROLINA ,CAROLINA WE WILL COME..... "

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a lot to think about besides planting a garden this year, so don't be sad. Heck, plan your first garden in NC to get your gardening fix, if nothing else!

    ReplyDelete

Followers