May 2, 2012

It's Official!!!!

Well, the kids and I talked to Mom this afternoon.  She took it about as I expected....held her emotions in (so I really didn't get a good feel for what she really thinks), and she shrugged and said "It's your life".  I hope in time she can be happy for me and the boys.

It feels like a ton of bricks have been lifted off my chest, since telling her.  Nearly 46 years old and my mother still scares me lol.

With that done, we talked about my plans a bit...we will rent a place for now, while I look around for a place to buy.  Then we talked about how I would get my stuff down there.  I told her that I was only taking the minimum, but that I would like to find a second person to drive down with me.  I mentioned my older brother maybe....and low and behold, there he was pulling up the driveway.  Well, one of the kids let it out of the bag that I wanted to ask a question, so the second he came in he asked what I wanted.

I explained my plan to him, and thankfully, HE SAID YES!!!  I think partly because he knows my younger brother and myself are not getting along.  Also, my mother would worry if I drove down alone.  Add to that, he and my soon to be sister in law, mentioned that they might move down there someday.  Funny, I never used to get along with my older brother, but now we do just fine.  We both have a strong opinion of my younger brother's antics, but that is best left alone for now.

So, the plan is to leave for NC sometime after the 4th of July, probably the 5th or 6th.  I still will have to limit what I take, but not nearly as much as if I didn't have the 2nd person and vehicle.

So, it's official! :)  Now the push to get rid of stuff, and get ready.  I am sure the time will pass by in the blink of an eye.

Thank you all for the support, prayers, and well wishes!!!

6 comments:

  1. Yippee! Closer and closer! You're getting closer and closer. Never underestimate the will of a strong woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right Mama Pea! That and the protection of G-d...I truly believe he had a hand in this :)

      Delete
  2. Stephanie, I know that's a big load off your chest! That's wonderful your brother will help. Gosh, that's only about 2 months away! I know you'll be busy, busy, busy getting ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sounds like a lot of time, but I am sure it will fly by!! Need to kick up my decluttering a knotch for sure.

      Delete
  3. I am glad things are going your way for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very glad that you told your mother and got that over with AND that you'll have some help driving down! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers