May 18, 2012

Restrictions

Nope, not on the kids, although sometimes a momma has to put her foot down lol.  I am talking about restrictions on myself.

I am a redneck geek, as I have mentioned before.  History and genealogy are one of my passions.  And yes, I LOVE research.  Give me a topic that sparks my interest, and I will be lost online for hours, or days.

Because of this, I have had to put restrictions in place for myself, otherwise, nothing would get done around here.  Now, if we weren't moving, I would be outside doing a garden, but since I can't this year (though I am living vicariously through all of you), research is taking up my free time.

I must keep myself on track for the move, while still keeping up with the daily stuff.  So, I am not allowing myself to get any research done online, until my basic housework is done, and I have spent at least an hour working towards the move.  In actuality, I should spend more than that on the move, but some of it I cannot do yet.  

So, with that in mind, it's time to do the dishes, and get the laundry going.  Yesterday I took down all curtains, so they can be washed and packed.  I am only taking my insulated drapes that I used in the living room and bedrooms.  They are not cheap, and to replace them would cost quite a bit.  The others are inexpensive, so they are going to Goodwill.  I also plan in the next week to get some photos taken of things I want to sell or give away, and see if I can't do just that by posting them online.  It will save me having to get rid of them to Goodwill, which will take multiple trips.  If I can get people to come to me, why not?

It is going to be sunny and warm again today, in the low 70's...and fingers crossed, there is no wind so far, so hoping to get all the windows open.  I also plan on getting my walk in again today.  I have been doing a loop in town, that is just shy of 2 miles, to try and take off the weight I have packed on in the last 6 months.  Tired of feeling "fluffy" as my younger son puts it.  I also make him come with me, but he gets a reprieve for a few weeks.  I took him to the doc yesterday because his big toe has been bothering him, and it turns out to be an ingrown nail.  He will be on antibiotics for 2 weeks, and then they will take the portion of the nail off that is bothering him.

Ok, off the computer!  Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Not to be a sour mouse. (just made it up) but you know its get humid in N.C.right?? It was bad here last summer, and its looking like that again this summer. Any short walk is followed by a shower by me, or I just stick my head under the faucet in the tub to cool down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I do know that Rob, but thanks for the heads up :) Not sure how will work it in NC, maybe do like I do here when it is 100% humidity and just do my walks either early in the morning or later in the day.

      Delete
  2. I just love the "head games" we have to play with ourselves in order to straighten up and fly right! I do exactly the same thing . . . but sometimes I could use a little presence of some sort (maybe my guilty conscience?) sitting on my shoulder and holding a sharp stick to prod me to stay on the right path! Hope you have a wonderful day . . . with windows wide open and fresh air blowing in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL no kidding Mama Pea....it's like I am dealing with an obstinate inner child, who won't listen lol. I could so use someone following behind me, with an electric cattle prod, to keep me on track. I am so easily distracted lol.

      Delete

Followers