May 27, 2012

Sunday's Agenda

Yesterday was a typical Saturday...up early and get enough coffee in me to tackle grocery shopping with mom.  It can be hazardous to your health to be in a grocery store on a Saturday, especially on a holiday weekend.  But we both desperately needed to go.

We stopped by my older brother's, to drop off an afghan that my mom made for his "soon to be" wife for her birthday.  I found out that my brother will not be able to go to NC with me.  Oh well, saw that one coming.  I have known his pre-wife for a long time, and frankly, I think she is the one that talked him out of it.  He was all gung ho, until he mentioned it to her.  She is very controlling of his time.  But I was already planning the drive as if I wouldn't have him.

Then I got home and got 2 night stands ready for a fellow homeschooler who was coming to buy them off me.  I also got most of Tom's portfolio put together for his evaluation, even though I can't do it till the end of next month.  Then it was time for some movies on Netflix, and bed.

Today's agenda starts with finishing cleaning out the large freezer in the garage, and taking that stuff to the dump.  I didn't want it staying in the garage overnight and defrosting, making a mess.  I will then put a small bin in the bottom of the freezer to catch the ice as it melts and falls off.  My step-daughter will be coming to get that sometime this week, along with some other things.  

After that, I need to do a small bondo patch on my truck so that I can take it in to get the inspection sticker on Tuesday.  Stinks that I have to get it, when I am leaving in just over a month, but would be illegal if I didn't.

I also need to see if I can wash my bedroom ceiling.  It's weird, and I think it is because it has been patched before, but it seems to have developed some dark patches.  I am not stressing about it, but want to see if a magic eraser and some Mr. Clean won't tidy it up.  

I think I will finish packing up that last bit of craft stuff in the basement too, so I can get that to Goodwill this week.  I will be taking down some small furniture stuff too.

All in all, it will be a slow, but productive day.  I am actually starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.



8 comments:

  1. Yay for lights at the end of the tunnel! This one has been a while coming for you.

    Glad you knew enough not to pin your hopes on your brother helping you out on the move. I'll just say it: I think it's so, so sad that some people operate on such a selfish, petty level that they aren't willing to give of themselves and help others (especially family) out when it would be the "right" thing to do. :o(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mama Pea :) I am actually used to it, sadly. It happens quite often with me in my family. Maybe that is why I am not afraid to leave? Who knows. It's not even 10:30 yet, and the dump is done, freezer is nearly defrosted, and bondo is on the truck...good start to the day!

      Delete
  2. As for the ceiling cleaning, try on the those floor mops. The wide ones like Swifter. Flat and wide should work. Don't get the ones that spray from bottle may dump on you. I have not used this, as we have rough ceilings. I have heard of this being used. Sorry about your brother, so women like to control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Rob :) I did try that first, thinking I could save myself some serious work, or falls off the step ladder. But it just didn't work well. I don't know if it's the paint they have on the ceiling or what. Very weird.

      Delete
  3. what day are you actually leaving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still up in the air a bit Judy, but probably sometime the 2nd week of July. But we have to be out of here on June 30th.

      Delete
  4. You are so brave to venture out shopping on a Saturday! Sorry about your brother, but at least you knew better than to count on it. Sounds like preparations are in gear. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it is brave Leigh, so much as it is habit for my mother. She complains about it all the time, but won't change the day she goes lol.
      I might actually have a solution to the problem for the drive down to NC, but don't want to say anything until I have a definite yes.

      Delete

Followers