June 15, 2012

Controlled Chaos?


I like that term....controlled chaos.  It about sums up my current mentality.  This photo is of my dining room at the moment.  I made the mistake of telling my daughter Sam, who happens to work at a convenience store, to grab a few boxes.  She came home with her car loaded to the hilt! LOL!  I think she went overboard a bit.  But I will give her credit, she brought home some descent size boxes, that even when filled to the brim, aren't too heavy for even this cripple to lift (most of the time).

When we moved last time, I had to buy many of our boxes, and most are still in the basement.  Many of them require two people to carry them, even if they aren't heavy, because my arms just aren't long enough to do it without it being very awkward.  So these boxes have come in handy.

It's getting down to the wire, and we are excited (me especially), to see the end of the massive purge.  Although, in all honesty, I think everyone should do this....at least every 10 years or so.  It's so freeing.

This morning will be spent getting some random furniture from the basement, and those bunk beds in the photo above, out to the curb.  We will also try to get in a trip to the dump, but if we don't, we will do it tomorrow.

My afternoon will be spent taking my mom to the eye doctor for her pre-op appointment, and then over to the hospital to register.  Next Wednesday she goes in to have the cataract in her right eye taken care of.

Not sure if I told you, but our date for leaving NH has been pushed out about a week later.  My aunt has to have her gallbladder out, so to allow her enough time to recover, we will leave closer to the 16th or 17th.  That's ok though.

Ok, off to put the boys to work.  Have a super day!

5 comments:

  1. I can honestly say I've never known anyone as ready for a move as you are! (Maybe both physically and emotionally??) Wish I could get my dear husband to "purge" some things! It's just a darn good thing we both aren't "savers!" There simply wouldn't be room for all THE STUFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like everything is going good. I will pray for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mama Pea! :) I have never followed my dreams, like I am now, and it just feels so right to do this. I think G-d has a definite hand in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that term too, it describes the state of my house too, though for a different reason (kitchen remodel). Good for you for eliminating before you move! My husband used to work for a moving company and it's amazing how many folks don't do that.

    I'm excited for you Stephanie. Good times ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Followers