June 24, 2012

Exhausted

Back row: My son Joe, my daughter Samantha, my dad Butch
seated: my son Tom, my mom Pat

Yesterday wore me out.  Pooped, cooked, done for.  I got up at my usual 5am.  Lots of coffee and then down to my parent's to pick up my younger brother's dj equipment, and headed to the hall to get it set up for my older brother's reception.  Toss in a few errands, helping with odds and ends of the set up.  The reception ran from 1-5, and we had a great time!  I am so happy for my brother :)(who, by the way, is that tall guy in the background walking into the picture).


My older brother Don and his new wife, Cherie
Just as we finished packing up the dj equipment to head back home, a storm started moving in...wheww, perfect timing.  This was the shot of the sky as we were leaving:
The clouds absolutely fascinated me, there was so much dimension to them, I had to get a couple shots.  Not one minute up the road we were into the heavy, heavy downpours.
My plan was to get a few last minute things done for packing, but I just couldn't do it.  I will do it today.  My hope was to have everything out of the house today, but I think it will probably be tomorrow.  I have to go grocery shopping with mom this morning, so that will take up the first half of the day.
Again, it will be a "slow and steady" day, get done what we can.  The rest will wait till tomorrow.  No plans tomorrow other than that, so we should be able to get it done.  And then the rest of the week will be set aside for cleaning the house so that I can turn the keys into the landlords on Saturday.  I doubt it will take me that much time to clean, I have been tackling a lot of it as I went along, but we will see.
Hope you all have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Take a deep breath, your almost to the finish line..The rest will be down hill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That day would have exhausted anyone! Don't push yourself and get sick this last week. You've been working so hard for so long that you need to take care of yourself. Fun to see the pictures. You have handsome boys and a beautiful daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the reception was such a success! Makes it worth all the work, doesn't it?

    The countdown has begun! Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a busy day! A day like that would have made me exhausted too. Take a deep breath and don't stress too much..

    Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Followers