June 2, 2012

Send In The Ark





This was the view outside my windshield while waiting for mom to come out of the drugstore. Blech!  We are getting hit with the remnants of Beryl (Berryl?), and lucky for us, it is stuck over us.

Between today and tomorrow, they are saying we could get in excess of 4 inches of rain.  Yeah, flood watches and warnings were posted yesterday.

It kind of throws my plans for taking two couches to the dump today out the window.  I am drenched from shopping/errands with mom this morning.  I think I have done enough to get wet today lol.

My daughter officially has her "new" car.  It's in really good shape, although it's a bit boggy, we think from sitting.  We are going to run it another day or two, and if it's still doing it, take it back to the local garage.  For $1600, it should not do that.  John is really good, and I know he will take care of it.  She is happy, and I feel better knowing that she is not driving the car that was on the verge of falling apart.

I'm off to putter for the rest of the day, and get a certain son to finish packing.  Have a great day, and if you are in the same weather that we are, stay dry.

7 comments:

  1. You're getting the drenching rains we had for the past two weeks! No fun especially when you have outside/out and about jobs to do.

    I'm going to display my ignorance for all to see . . . what does it mean when you say your daughter's new car is "a bit boggy?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit boggy means that when she goes up hills, it is loosing power. Hoping to take it back to the garage this week and have them re-check it. Most likely just because it sat, and it probably has gunk in the fuel filter or something.

      Delete
  2. Now you know how we feel in Fla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rob. I also think mother nature is making up for us not having much snow this past year lol.

      Delete
  3. you need a break but i suppose that won't come for awhile....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Judy, but soon enough, things will settle down

      Delete
  4. Rain. Sheesh. I confess I'm always praying for it and then invariably saying "no wait! Not today!" when it comes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers