July 12, 2012

We Made It


We didn't actually see this sign as we crossed over from VA, because it was dark and raining, but we are here :)

It was a fabulous trip except for a little traffic around the Beltway in DC, which wasn't horrific...unlike Virginia.  We hit Richmond about 11pm, it was horrible :/  They are doing repaving and such on 95 S, and had the nearly the whole thing around Richmond down to one lane.  That would have been fine at that time of night, except that they had their work trucks facing us, with lights blazing.  They also had flashing neon orange lights on the other side.  To say I couldn't see very good is an understatement.

We left NH at 6:30 in the morning, and with 4 stops (including an hour for dinner), we made it to NC at 12:45am.  Not too shabby! :)

Yesterday was a bit more chaotic than I wanted it to be.  We went and rented a storage unit for me, which is thankfully, only 5 minutes from my aunt's house.  Then we turned in the Uhaul, visited my cousin and his family for about 2 hours, and finally made it to Walmart to get something for dinner.  We were so tired though that I had to go back today to do actual grocery shopping.

I was proud that except for a phone call to my aunt at her son's, to find out if I turned right or left out of her complex to get there, I found it all by myself lol.

This next week will be a bit busy, trying to get things set up down here (bank, etc).  But so far so good!

I will keep you all updated on the home hunting adventure once it begins!  Miss you all!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a good, safe trip! What a step toward your future you've taken. Don't try to do everything at once now. There will be a lot of mini-chaos and unsettled times to work through but they will come and go and all this in between time will be forgotten before you know it.

    Good to hear from you again and happy new home in NC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mama Pea :) We almost had a major hiccup in the plan that I will talk about later, but it worked itself out :) So glad to be here!

      Delete
  2. YES, YES. So glad you are there finally!!! Get some rest.

    ReplyDelete

Followers